16. The Stormy Night

There was an awkward silence in the car, Anaya kept staring out of the window while Maaz driving carefully and slowly in the rain

There was an awkward silence in the car, Anaya kept staring out of the window while Maaz driving carefully and slowly in the rain. Anaya wished they could reach their place soon, but she knows that was not possible in this rain. The visibility near zero. Maaz was driving as slow as possible, even she had some difficulty in giving directions. A few times, the car coughed, stopping only for a second before resuming. Both Maaz and Anaya got suspicious, but they didn't contemplate that it will stop working.

Finally, after what felt like eons, they reached Anaya's building. She unbuckled the seat belt and looked at him. Maaz looked back. She smiled but he doesn't, and her smile quickly dropped. She adjusted her expressions, - 'Thanks, sir and have a safe drive back home.' She said. She didn't want to talk to him, but also unlike him she didn't want to come out as rude. Maaz nodded acknowledging her. She turned and opened the door. She gasped feeling the freezing wind and the heavy rain. It was raining like cats and dogs. She took a second before stepping out. As soon as she came out of the car she got completely drenched.

'Crap.' She cussed, turned around and closed the door. Then, she turned and removed her heels. She held her heels in her hand and began walking. Maaz turned to face the steering and ignited the engine but it doesn't start. His eyes widened as he feared the worst. He tried again but the car doesn't start.

Shit!

Anaya stopped in her tracks when she heard her boss cuss. She turned around and noticed him trying to turn on the engine, but his car seemed to have broken down. She pressed her lips tightly. She looked up at the sky, it was raining heavily and somehow, she managed to escape the rain. She looked down at herself, she was already drenched in rain so what a biggie in walking back to the car. Hesitatingly, she stepped out of the building again and hurried to the car.

Maaz rolled down the windowpane when someone knocked at the window.

'What do you want now?' He frowned at her. Anaya bent bringing her face close to his.

'Sir. It is raining heavily, and your car has broken down. If you don't mind you can stay over at my place tonight.'

Maaz wanted to refuse. No ways. He can't take shelter in his employee's apartment. That too his secretary. If this goes out it will create a scandal. Anaya watched Maaz and mentally scolded him for taking so much time.