33. The Unforgiveable Sin

'You insulted me—in front of everyone—now I will insult you so much that you will regret very bad

'You insulted me—in front of everyone—now I will insult you so much that you will regret very bad.' He said angrily then pushed Anaya. She gasped as she fell on the bed. Immediately, she tried to sit up but Maaz pushed her down again.

'Maaz, leave. You are not in your senses.' Anaya tried to make him see sense. But Maaz was too drunk in anger and alcohol. Blinded by rage he wasn't thinking straight.

'You dare order me to leave my room.' He growled yanking down her sleeve and Anaya stiffened for a minute. She panicked and tried fanatically to push him away, but he was too strong. After a brief struggle she managed to escape his grip but he grabbed the sleeve of her cardigan and peeled it off her body.

'Maaz!'

He quickly climbed down the bed. Anaya took steps back while he slowly approached her. She gasped when her back hit the wall, her hand hit the show-table and a ceramic vase tumbled cracking into pieces. Anaya and Maaz's gaze fell over it for a second before looking at each other. Anaya trembled terribly and was about to run when Maaz cornered her. He placed a hand beside her, inches away from her head. She began to sweat badly, her lips quivered, and her face turned pale.

Maaz smirked, - 'This fear. I like it. You should always have this fear.' He said and held her wrist. Anaya tried pulling her hand away but his grip was iron-strong.

'Please Maaz, don't. I am begging you.' She cried. Maaz's smile broadened. He pulled her closer.

'You insulted me in public and I now I will insult you in private—you won't be able to show your face to anyone,' – he held her arm tightly, - 'unfortunately, no one will take you seriously as we are husband and wife.' He ran his fingertip along her cheekbone. Anaya shivered, feeling very uncomfortable with his touch.

Maaz observed her carefully. A small conscious part of his brain warned him, - You will regret this very badly.

His gaze fell over her trembling lips and he smiled to himself. He leaned closer. Horrified, Anaya watched his face approach her. She gathered all her strength and pushed him. Maaz's eyes sprung open as he fell on the bed.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Maaz felt a terrible headache. He felt different, something he had never felt before. He grumbled shifting from lying on his stomach to his back. He shivered and winced. He touched his bare skin and winced again. He realized he wasn't wearing his shirt. He got up and noticed marks all over his chest. Maaz was troubled now. He removed the duvet from over him and his eyes widened in horror as he spotted a pool of dried blood.

Blood! Maaz's mind went to Anaya. He recollected their struggle in the night. But he blacked out after he fell on the bed. What happened? - He thought, terrified.

Maaz leaned forward grabbing his head. He took a deep breath and got down the bed. He needed to find Anaya and make sure she was okay. He prayed fervently that what he was thinking shouldn't have happened. As he went around the bed, he found Anaya lying on the floor beside their bed. Maaz's heart dropped and he took a moment before rushing to her.