46. On a Date

Maaz stood against the railing of his room, a cigarette in his between his index and middle finger

Maaz stood against the railing of his room, a cigarette in his between his index and middle finger. He recollected a few minutes earlier; Anaya had gotten ready for her date. She was hesitant but he kept a strong façade and encouraged her. After the atrocity he has done to her, it was the least he can do. She might have forgotten what happened that night, but he didn't. Even though he hasn't any memory of that night, he couldn't forget how messed up Anaya was the next morning.

Maaz ran his fingers through his hair as he cringed with the thought. To divert his mind, he thought of Anaya from minutes ago. She looked so beautiful in scoop neck, Knee length asymmetric ivory cocktail dress. Her lips adorned with glossy red lipstick, grey eyes rimmed with dark kohl and hair neatly tied in pouf bun.

She was nervous. When he asked why she had reluctantly confessed that she had never been on a date before.

Maaz smiled recollecting their dinner on the terrace of Dubai's hotel. For him, that was a date, his first date. He was disturbed by the knocking at the door. Quickly, he disposed of the cigarette and hurried towards the desk, pulled out the top drawer and grabbed a chewing gum.

He opened the door a little and found Hannah standing. He sighed and then smiled.

'Hi!' He welcomed her. Hannah walked inside with her arms folded across her chest.

'Where was Anaya going?' She asked eyeing her best friend. The color drained from Maaz's face. Hannah raised an eyebrow, - 'it looked she was going somewhere special because she was—'

'She has gone to her parent's home.' – Maaz turned away from her, - 'it has been long.' He added to sound convincing.

'Really?' She taunted him. Maaz fumbled and she caught him.

'Anaya has gone for a, a date.' He confessed. Hannah gasped loudly whilst covering her open mouth with her hand.

Maaz walked towards her and spoke in a soft tone, - 'Don't tell anyone, Hannah. Please.' He said holding her arm. Hannah was terribly confused. Her heart wanted to be happy because it would mean Maaz and Anaya have a very platonic relationship. She took a moment and gave a small nod.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Anaya entered the busy Pizza Hut outlet. She clenched the closed umbrella tightly and looked around. The restaurant had wooden texture with posters of pizza and some witty, praise quotes. The place was jam-packed with customers. The clutters of cutlery, chatters and roars of people filled the entire place, making it very lively. The warm yellow lights and the subtle sound of Soccer game on the TV weren't hurting the eyes and ears of the visitors. Anaya inhaled deeply, the scent of the freshly baked pizzas tantalized her, and she could feel her mouthwatering.

She spotted Gabin quickly as he stood close to the door.

He smiled at her and come towards her. She inhaled holding the golden sling of her clutch bag.