48. Lie

The next morning, Anaya woke up and reflexively looked towards the couch

The next morning, Anaya woke up and reflexively looked towards the couch. It was empty. She removed the duvet and looked around for Maaz.

'Maaz.' She called standing up from the bed and wearing her slippers. There was no response and so she called again. Cautiously, she knocked at the door to the bathroom but there was no response. She cleared her throat and opened the door. Her heart fluttered as she peeped inside. The bathroom was empty. Confused, she looked around. She opened the curtains and closed her eyes shut upon feeling the bright sunlight.

After a moment, she blinked several times and looked down. She was surprised to see Maaz in the garden area. She smiled and walked into the balcony. She shuddered with the sudden gush of the cold breeze. Anaya pulled the sleeves of her hoodie and wrapped her arms around herself as she walked towards the railing of the balcony. She looked at Maaz and smiled.

He was dressed in a full-sleeved red knitted turtleneck sweater and black track pants. Anaya was amused to see him jog in the cold. They had been married for quite a long time, but she hadn't spared any time to know him. Now, she did, and she was liking it. As she watched him her smile faded upon seeing Hannah walking towards him. Maaz stopped in front of her. She folded her arms and said something that irritated Maaz. But a minute later she coaxed him, and he nodded. They exchanged smiles.

Anaya clenched the railing tightly before walked inside, slamming the French window behind her.

Maaz entered the room and walked up to the bed. Swiftly, he removed the sweater over his head and dropped it on the bed. He wiped sweat with a towel and placed it on the chair opposite the dressing table. He looked at his reflection, smiled and watched as he flexed his muscles.

'Oh!' A gasp caught his attention. Startled, he looked up in the mirror and saw Anaya looking at him. She gulped and quickly looked away. He smiled to himself and turned to face her.

'Good morning.' He greeted her.

'Good morning.' She replied and this time she looked at him, without flinching. Maaz was surprised at her boldness. He opened his mouth to tease her but shut his mouth when she approached him.

'Very nice—morning.' She spoke eyeing him from top to bottom. Suddenly, Maaz felt conscious. She came dangerously close, passed him a glance and walked towards the dressing table. Maaz stared front in disbelieve seeing Anaya's new changed behavior. She has been behaving funnily since she has come from the date. He turned around. Anaya was standing at the mirror and applying perfume on her neck. Their gaze met in the mirror and she smiled at him. Reflexively, he smiled too but quickly fixed his expressions. She lowered her gaze and got busy with her mobile.

Maaz cleared his throat, - 'Good that you are ready. You wait downstairs, I will get ready.'

'Ready?' Anaya frowned, - 'Today is Sunday.' She pointed out. Suddenly, Maaz looked serious.