18. Apologizes

Maaz returned home and his parents pounced on him

Maaz returned home and his parents pounced on him. His father concerned while his mother was in tears.

'I was calling you both, but you guys weren't picking up the call?'

'I was telling you, Rashid, I was telling you. That girl is trouble look what she did.'

'Keep quiet, Zainab.'

Avoiding answering anyone, Maaz fished out his dead phone from his trouser pocket and placed it on his father's palms. Rashid looked confused for a moment and then realized but when he looked up, his son had walked away. He turned around and found Maaz climbing the stairs. Zainab took a step, but Rashid held her hand.

'Not now, give him some time.' He said softly. Reluctantly, Zainab nodded.

Half an hour later, sitting in the jacuzzi Maaz felt better. Earlier he was very pissed with Anaya's father's behavior but now he forgot about it. He sighed running his palm over his wet hair and relaxed against the tub. He threw his head back and closed his eyes. Suddenly, for no reason, he saw flashes of Anaya in drenched clothes. Instantly, his eyes sprung open.

What the hell? – He thought annoyed. Just then there was a knock at the door.

'What? Go away, Mom.' He replied angrily.

There was a small pause, - 'I am not your mother.' Rukhsar's voice floated from the other side. Maaz sighed.

'Coming in two minutes.' He realized there was no point arguing with her as she won't take no for an answer.

After drying himself and getting dressed he walked out of the bathroom. Rukhsar was sitting at the edge of the bed and going through a men's health magazine. Maaz cleared his throat and she looked up.

He hadn't even sat, and she spoke, - 'Where were you all night. We were so worried. Your mother had a nervous breakdown and Uncle was convinced that he had to get police informed. How irresponsible, Maaz. You are a careless bitch, seriously.' She ranted. Maaz sighed rolling his eyes.

'First let me breathe, woman. Then, I will tell you everything.' He said seriously. Rukhsar turned little, folded her arms and looked sternly at him. Maaz let out a breath and then narrated everything. By the end, Rukhsar's expressions changed and he didn't like it.

After Maaz finished narrating everything, Rukhsar was shocked and then angry. Maaz sighed massaging his forehead as she began scolding him for creating a big mess for Anaya.

'You should apologize.' She huffed placing her knuckles on her hips. Maaz looked at her, aghast.

'Are you mad?' – He got up from the bed, - 'I, and apologize.' He said shaking his head. Rukhsar got up too and held his arm, she turned him and glared into his eyes.

'Yes, You.' She replied sternly.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

After the huge fiasco in the morning, Mr. and Mrs. Hussain left. Soon after, Sheeraz called and screamed his heads off at Anaya. She didn't know he could get so angry.