53. The Passionate Night

After helping her mother in the kitchen by washing dishes and arranging the table, Anaya entered her room

After helping her mother in the kitchen by washing dishes and arranging the table, Anaya entered her room. Maaz sat at the edge of the bed with his head lowered and his fingers clasped together.

She bit her lip and cautiously walked up to him. Slowly, she sat beside him. Maaz felt her presence but doesn't look at her. She placed a soft palm on his shoulder, and he let out a shaky breath.

'I am sorry,' – he muttered, - 'I thought it will be romantic, but it was ruined.'- he sighed burying his face into his palms, - 'I messed up everything, I am a loser.' His voice muffled from behind his palms.

Anaya shook her head, - 'No,' – she gripped his shoulder tighter, - 'it isn't your fault and honestly, even if you had proposed me in your PJs, I would have felt like the luckiest girl on the planet.' – she paused as he looked at her, - 'but this gesture was very special. Very—romantic.' She confessed. After a moment, Maaz smiled. He shifted and held both her hands with his.

'Let us continue what we were doing?'

'You want me to wear saree again?' Anaya asked. Maaz smirked.

'No,' – he leaned closer, - 'kissing.' He whispered. But before he could kiss her, she abruptly stood up and he frowned. Anaya stood shyly and kept avoiding looking at him. Maaz stood up and said, - 'please wear the saree again.' He requested.

'Okay.' Anaya muttered and asked him to leave the room.

About fifteen minutes later, Maaz began to get restless and was about to knock the door when he heard her unlock the door. He smiled to himself and entered the room.

Anaya was dressed in the saree with same accessories and slight make-up, but she had let her hair open and side-swept with half resting on her shoulder and rest behind her. Maaz walked up to her and caressed her cheek with the back of his fingers while admiring her. She kept looking lovingly at him.

'You look so amazing in saree.' – he sighed, - 'you remember you were dressed in a saree during our first night together as man and wife?'- he paused and she nodded, - 'you looked so breathtaking.' He complimented. Anaya smiled looking away. Maaz hooked his fingers under her chin and raised her face. She closed her eyes as he held a face while he admired her. He leaned and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Anaya smiled. Then, he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. Anaya opened her eyes and held him. Maaz closed his eyes feeling at bliss. He inhaled her perfume and felt tantalized. He held her closer and tighter. Anaya smiled and closed her eyes.

They stayed in each other's embrace for some time before Maaz moved away.

'I had planned this too.' He stepped back and walked towards the bedside table.

'Be careful, don't set the house on fire again.' Anaya teased him and giggled. Maaz decided to ignore it and instead smiled. He picked up his phone and played a soft romantic tune. Anaya liked his choice of music. He forwarded both his hands and she instantly took it. He pulled her closer and twirled her around. Anaya gasped as she smiled. He held her close with her back against his chest and swayed with the tune of the music. Maaz pressed his face against her hair and she giggled feeling ticklish as his breath fanned her bare shoulder.