52. Surprise gone wrong

Maaz was horrified upon knowing that there was only one bathroom that will be shared by five members

Maaz was horrified upon knowing that there was only one bathroom that will be shared by five members. He opened the door and scrunched his nose. The bathroom was tiny with a small bathtub few distances from the toilet seat. A thick plastic curtain separating the two. The bathroom was otherwise sparkling but the blue tiles gave it an ugly look according to Maaz.

'Everything alright, beta?' Shabana said sweetly. Maaz adjusted his expressions and forced a smile.

'Yup.' He nodded. Shabana smiled and asked him to freshen up. He nodded again. After she had left, Maaz felt a tap on his shoulder. He almost jumped on the spot. Azlaan smirked at him.

'Don't take all day, Richie boy. I have to bath as well.' He said and walked away. Maaz blinked at him. He mentally decided to be careful with his young boy, it looks like he might give him a hard time.

'Maaz,' – Anaya came out of the room, - 'you need something, tell me. Okay?' She said casually. Maaz looked at her and then smirked, - 'Yes, I will be needing a towel.'

'Okay, I will—' she turned around and was about to leave but he grabbed her arm. She froze and stopped mid-sentence. He pulled her closer and their gaze met.

'I will call you.' He simply said. Anaya smiled freely her hand from his grip.

'Please, this is not a 70s movie.' She teased him. He was disappointed as he watched her go to their room and minutes later, she came with a towel.

'Here.' She handed it to him. Smiled and walked away. Maaz sighed and gloomily walked inside the bathroom.

Anaya sat in her room, she kept thinking over her mother's words. She had spotted her with Maaz near the bathroom and heard their conversation. After that, she had schooled her daughter for "mistreating" her husband.

'If you want to be treated like a queen, you must treat your husband like a king.'

'If you want to be loved and respected, you should love and respect him.'

'Men never initiate all this, it's up to us woman. We must keep everything glued strongly.'

She bit her lip and played with the tips of her fingers. She regretted disappointing Maaz. She was just teasing him. He was trying to flirt with her, and she panicked. Anaya sighed sadly. Minutes later, Maaz entered the room. He wiped his wet hair with the towel and sighed. His gaze fell on Anaya and he frowned. Adjusting the towel around his neck he walked up to her.

'Hey.' He sat beside her.

Anaya looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and the two gazed at each other until Maaz looked away.

'I am such a dumbass.' He slapped his forehead. Anaya frowned.

'I have something planned for you, us.' He said brightly. Anaya smiled feeling excited. He sat up and hurried to his bag. Anaya watched him kneel in front of the bag with delight. He opened the bag and suddenly, looked at her.