13. First day at work

When she woke up, Anaya was in a bad mood because of Sheeraz and after talking to Azlaan she felt exasperated

When she woke up, Anaya was in a bad mood because of Sheeraz and after talking to Azlaan she felt exasperated. Now her parents were calling him Damadji and treated him like some king. For her mental satisfaction, she dropped the plan of wearing trousers and wore a white pencil skirt instead. She smiled at her reflection as she adjusted the short sleeves of her pink cold-shoulder top.

Once she got ready, she wore her sneakers and packed her heels into a plastic bag. Quickly she stuffed toast and scrambled eggs into her mouth, swallowed it and then gulped down water directly from the water-bottle. She adjusted the delicate wristwatch on her left wrist and hurriedly walked out of the apartment.

Anaya took the nearest and quickest metro and reached her destination. Like always, she was before time. She took quick steps towards the Hotel. The door-man smiled greeting her. She huffed and smiled at him.

Once in her cabin, she wore white platform heels and combed her hair neatly with a comb. Her nose-stud was little loose and so she adjusted it and then placed her hair neatly on her shoulders and got up from her chair

After she was ready she stood at the entrance waiting for her boss, Rashid Nawab Ali. The car arrived five minutes late. This made Anaya slightly worried because it was very, very unlike the boss. Working all these years with him, she has realized one thing that her boss was a very punctual man and was hardly even one minute late.

'Time is money' He was often heard saying and he stuck to his values. Anaya wondered if something was wrong. She stood looking anxiously towards the car. Sam climbed down from the driver's seat. Anaya could only see one figure on the other side of the tinted glass and she was relieved knowing only Rashid sir, has come today. Sam walked around the car and opened the car door.

Anaya's eyes widened upon seeing Maaz climbed down. He adjusted the collar of his white shirt and buttoned a button of his mustard blazer. He placed his palm over his eyes and then took out a sunglass from the right pocket of his blazer and wore it.

What the hell is he doing here? Where is Rashid sir – Anaya tried looking behind him but there was no one. She looked back at him and made a face watching him haughtily walk towards her. She inwardly groaned and looked away. Maaz climbed the small fleet of stairs and stood in front of her. He removed his sunglasses and looked at her, she looked back.

'Call a meeting of all the employees.' He said bluntly. Anaya frowned.

'But sir,' – With the back of the pen, she pointed at the diary, - 'you have a lot of thing-'

'Do as said, Miss-Miss?' Maaz interrupted her rudely. Anaya sighed looking away momentarily and then looked back.

'Hussain.' She answered him.

'Okay, whatever.'- He tossed his sunglass at her, she was caught by surprise and fumbled with it before holding it, - 'Careful, it is branded and fragile.' Maaz warned her.