45. Tell Me The Truth

The taxi stopped at the entrance of the hotel

The taxi stopped at the entrance of the hotel. Both Anaya and Maaz got down together. The guards welcomed them with a smile. One of the guards opened the door for them. Anaya exhaled, - That wasn't bad at all

As they walked in the lobby together, many people turned to glance at them. No one bothered that they had come together. Anaya realized she had been so stupid into believing people would gossip like last time. She breathed a sigh of relief and smiled looking at Maaz.

'Sir, I will get you a beer and. What do you want for snacks?' She asked. Maaz doesn't look at her and answered,

- 'Anything.' He adjusted his maroon coat and walked away. Anaya's smile dropped. She was reminded of her stupidity. Perhaps, he was very offended by her and she should apologize.

Anaya entered the kitchen fully determined to apologize to Maaz and make him happy again. She got a huge glass of beer and wonderful, colorful macrons. She requested an icing bag from a pastry chef and wrote down S-O-R-R-Y, each word on each macron. She exhaled loudly and smiled widely at her effort. Carefully, she placed the sauce plate on the tray and slowly turned around. She tried to open the door while balancing the tray in her hand. Then, a muscular arm helped her by opening the door.

'Than—' Anaya stopped mid-way upon seeing Gabin standing next to her.

Today unlike always he wasn't smiling but looked concerned. She lowered her gaze and brushed past him. Gabin called her and she stopped in her tracks. He exhaled and walked towards her.

'Anaya.' He stood next to her.

Pooja had seen them together and followed them. She stood at a distance and watched them with her lips tightly pressed, arms folded across her chest. Gabin had just started talking something and an idea crossed her mind. She hurriedly left from there.

Maaz was there in his cabin. He browsed through the Xcel sheet going through the monthly budget. Christmas holidays were fast approaching, and he wanted to wrap everything and request Rashid if he could take a few days off. Maaz exhaled leaning against the chair and adjusted his tie. Just as he was about to close his eyes, the door swung open and a woman dressed in chef's coat dashed inside. She looked haphazard. Maaz was jolted.

'Who are you and how did you get in?' He asked whilst angrily standing up. His chair banged against the wall.

'Sir,' – the girl gulped, she was breathless as she continued, - 'there is something I need show you.' She said.

Maaz scowled, - 'Excuse me. How dare you?'

'Sir, please. I insist. It's—it's about Anaya.' She said and observed Maaz's expressions change.

'I am sorry, Anaya. I shouldn't have come so close that too so suddenly. I am sorry to scare you off.' He said.

Anaya shook her head and smiled a little, - 'No, it is okay.' She was about to leave but Gabin interrupted her. He insisted he took the tray from her. She hesitantly handed it to him. He smiled throwing his head a little back moving the dirty blonde hair strands from his face. Anaya gulped and looked away.