35. The other side of the Boss

The flight was awkward for both Anaya and Maaz

The flight was awkward for both Anaya and Maaz. Initially, they were seated together but once the flight took off, Maaz exchanged his seat with an older woman. Anaya didn't say anything and continued to stare out of the window. Maaz kept glancing at her, he hoped she was comfortable without him near her.

Together they walked towards the belt for their luggage. Luckily their luggage came soon. Maaz asked Anaya to wait while he got the luggage. She simply nodded and took a seat among rows of benches. She avoided looking towards him and instead tried focusing on her sneakers. As she played with her fingernails, her phone rang. She was startled and realized she hadn't switched it off. Hastily, she took out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans.

Mom calling!!!

She sighed and was about to answer when she heard Maaz clear his throat and she stilled. Slowly, Anaya looked up and found him standing in front of her with a trolley and all the bags neatly placed one over the other.

'If you want to talk then I will be standing near the belt.' – he paused, - 'you take your time.' He said politely. Anaya was surprised by his tone and the fact that he actually cared.

She got up and spoke while tugging her peach Tee, - 'No, it isn't important. I will talk later.' She pushed strands of her hair behind her ear. Maaz nodded, then he dragged the trolley. Anaya adjusted the sling of her handbag and folded her arms. Silently, she followed him. As they exited, Maaz looked around and found a man in the driver's suit holding on a banner with his name on it. He waved at the man. He took a moment to spot them.

'Come.' Maaz whispered to Anaya and she quickly looked up from her mobile screen. Hurriedly, she placed it back inside her pocket and nodded.

The seven-star hotel wasn't too far from the airport. Anaya was amazed by seeing the sky touching buildings. She had to crook her head to look from the window. Maaz kept glancing at her and every time a small smile appeared on his lips. His moment ended as they reached the hotel.

They received a warm welcome by th guards. At the reception, Maaz asked the receptionist to meet Sheikh Ashfaq. Once he had introduced himself, the pretty blonde woman smiled at him. She picked up the landline placed beside her laptop and dialed her boss. She spoke for a minute and looked back at Maaz.

'Sir will meet you soon.' – She spoke as she placed the phone down, then she gestured towards her right, - 'till then please rest in your room.' She smiled. Maaz nodded taking a step closer to the desk.

'Can you do me a favor please?' He asked with uncertainty. The woman nodded with a professional smile.

Anaya admired the huge aquarium that was in-built to the wall which had a brick-walled effect. She peered through the glass and admired the colorful fish swimming in peace. The fish were brightly colored, and the interior was very well done. She liked the attention to detail. Just as she turned, she found Maaz stand next to her. She was startled.