47. Confess?

Maaz entered his room

Maaz entered his room. He placed his palm over his stomach and burped as he closed the door with his feet. He dragged his feet to the bed and sat down, burping again. Perhaps, he shouldn't have had too many Mooli ke Parathe for dinner.

Casually, he grabbed his phone and his eyes widened. He stood up staring at his phone. There were five miss-calls from Anaya and a text message. His heart raced as he clicked on the inbox.

Was Gabin a psychopath?

Anaya: Please come to the gate. There is something I need to tell you!!!

Maaz panicked and hurried towards the balcony. He opened the full-length glass door and stepped out. A gush of cold wind and heavy water droplets welcomed him. He felt terrified that Anaya was out alone in this weather. Quickly, he grabbed his night-robe and ran out of the room while struggling to wear it.

He slipped the stairs as he hurried but he managed to steady himself by grabbing the railing.

His heart raced and his legs felt lighter as he glided across the living room and tumbled out of the main door. In his panic state, he forgot to grab an umbrella. He shivered in the cold rain as he scurried towards the main gate. The guards were alarmed and when they found it was Maaz they were confused. Maaz ordered them to open the gate. He paced outside glancing at the main road.

At first, he was very worried about his wife but as time passed, he started getting angry.

'How can she be so careless? What is taking her so long?' He muttered to himself.

He heard wheels of a car and when he ran out of the gate he was blinded by the headlights of the car. He squinted his eyes covering them with the back of his palm. Soon, the headlights dimmed and Maaz slowly lowered his hand. The door of the taxi opened, and Anaya stepped out. She closed the door with a thud and smiled at Maaz. He hurried towards her and she too dropped her umbrella, getting drenched in the rain, and held the sling of her clutch tightly as she speedily walked towards him.

Their pace increased as they came closer. Maaz observed Anaya to make sure she was alright. He opened his mouth to talk to her but before he could say anything, she leaped at him. Anaya threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. She closed her eyes tightly.

'What the—' Maaz's eyes widened as he lost his balance and fell with Anaya on the wet road. The guards hurried out of the gate. They looked at the couple, glanced at each other and passed a smile. One of the guards asked the other to let them be alone.

'****, Anaya. What is this?' He whined. Anaya giggled moving off Maaz. He sat up and looked at his muddy palms. He recoiled feeling mud and water sticking to his dress.

'You, foolish woman. Wasn't getting drenched enough than—' he stopped mid-sentence when Anaya hugged him again. This time Maaz realized that they were hugging. He froze mid-sentence with his arms in the air. His hands shivered as he slowly wrapped his arms around her petite figure. The coat had completely drenched and sticky to her.