Chapter 16

6 years ago
-3rd POV-

At the Midoriya residence the Midoriya twins were having fun playing with each other, Mrs Midoriya was washing the dishes, so all-in-all it was a peaceful day. That was until Izumi collapsed. Panicked and scared, Izuku ran to his mother explaining what happened. This incident resulted in Midoriya Izumi's hospitalization.

Being in kindergarten, she was excused to whatever lessons those people teach kindergarteners *slapped* so there she was, in the bed of her grandmother's house. Turns out she collapsed because of her quirk, a side effect if you would. Something similar to an aftertaste, her sudden intake of herbs: raw or not, caused her stomach to do backflips, which hurts pretty badly. (if you experienced this... I feel you bro)  so she was forced to stay in her grandmother's place for now. Both Izuku and Katsuki along with their parents would visit from time to time, but she still felt lonely. Now don't get her wrong, she loves her grandmother, it's just that she can't play with Izumi as much as Izuku or Katsuki could.

So one day after learning how to knit from her grandmother, she made scarves for everyone she was close to. Because its almost winter. But that's not all she did that day, she had her first errand! It may just be buying milk from the convenience store, but it was an achievement! Along the way though, she got utterly lost... She wasn't gonna cry though, she knew she was in a park, so she looked around to ask for directions. Finding a lone boy on a bench, she approached him smiling "hi there! Can you help me get to grandma please?"  the boy flinched and just stared. "Is there something on my face?" she asked tilting her head slightly. The boy shook his head silently, "are you okay? Do you feel sick? I can help you if you are... Um... Do you want me to leave you alone??" for about 10 seconds Izumi waited for a response, but when she took one step away from the boy, he spoke. "I can help you fond your way I guess... I-I'm T-Todoroki Shoto..." the boy said softly, so softly that Izumi hardly heard him.

-timeskip a little bit brought to you by Tito's card collections-

(Tito: wait what card collection?! 
Tsk tsk tsk calm down my lettuce man, it's Yugioh cards)

The two children walked hand in hand to find Izumi's grandmother, who was apparently waiting outside the porch of her house. The boy, who introduced himself as Todoroki Shoto silently led the way out of the park and to the convenience store. "why are we back here?" Izumi asked, "well... Mother always told me that if I was lost or if I lost something, you should retrace your steps... Do you remember the places you have passed?" at this Izumi placed her pointer finger to her chin, thinking deeply. "well... I remember passing a really big house when I went here..." "what was the big house like? Was it weird? Like different from other houses?" awww little Shoto is asking questions! So cuute!! *slapped* so.. When Izumi nodded, Shoto sighed and led the way again, still holding hands with Izumi.

-Todoroki's POV-

The girl, Izumi was probably a new neighbor... Either that or she was like me. Not allowed to go outside, except for special occasions like this. She was talkative, and bubbly?  She's really nice, she was comfortable to be with. She doesn't force me to talk or anything, I like her... I wish we could be friends though. "Shocchan?? Are you alright? You suddenly stopped..." "S-Shocchan?" she smiled whole swinging our hands. "un! Since you're nice and your helping me, also because we're friends now, I gave you a nickname! Cause your my hero!" her smile made my face heat up. W-what is wrong with me?!

We continued our way towards her grandmother's house, and we were almost at my home. "Shoto? Who is that?" I tensed up when I heard his voice. I was about to leave without saying anything but Izumi spoke up, "hello! My name is Midoriya Izumi! Shocchan is helping me find my way home! Like a hero!!" she was smiling brightly when she said that, but my eyes were locked on my father. The no. 2 hero Endeavor. He continued to stare at us, but mostly on Izumi... I covered her from his view and glared at him, I wont let him hurt my friend like he hurts mother. "what's your quirk little girl?" he asked, still staring. "she doesn--" "my quirk is called Herbal Healing! I can heal! I can also eat poison plants and be able to sebrete... segrete... secrete! Secrete those poison plumes out of my body!" my father smirked and stood up, I dont trust that smirk. What is he up to? I continued to glare at his back as he went inside the house, "lets go now, its almost lunch time..." I said and walked ahead, Izumi held my hand and swung them while walking. "who was that big man? He looked so big and scary..." I gave her an amused but small smile. "he's my father... He's really scary and mean... He bullies mother... I don't wanna be like him..." "don't be silly!! You're very nice, you won't be like your father, I just know it!"

-Izumi's POV-

Shocchan and I arrived at grandma's house, she was waiting for me on the porch. We invited Shocchan to join us but he said he needs to tell his parents. Grandma said he could call them so he could stay, and guess what? He can stay for a while!! Shocchan was really awkward though... He didn't know how to play hide and seek, but that's okay! We had fun! We ate lunch and after that I showed him the scarves I've been working on.

"you made all these? Wow..." Shocchan continued to look at the scarves and noticed my failed scarves. "is this your failed ones? Why are you still keeping them?" I smiled and told him what grandma told me. "Even these failed ones can still be used. And in different uses too! You can use it as a rag to clean the counter or something! And many more! You can give your mother one of them if you want~ you can take some scarves too! As a token of friendship!" I smiled brightly while Shocchan started. "even though you just met me? I might take advantage of your kindness... I might become somebody like my father..." I pat his head "no you won't! I just know it!"

-3rd POV-
-present time-

"ARE YOU READY?! LET THE CAVALRY BATTLE BEGIN!!!" Present Mic's voice echoed as students went to get the 10 million headband. Izumi was the rider and her horse was Constantine, he duplicated himself so he wouldn't worry about Izumi falling. They were determined to get to the next stage, but blindly going after the 10 million would be out of the question. They collected the smaller points first, Izumi was using her quirk to give Constantine energy since duplicating himself was taking his stamina away.

--------------------------------
I'm sorry my dear readers for the late update... I was so focused on waiting for the next episodes of BNHA S3 that I forgot to update!  *bows dogeza style* I'm so sorry!!  But anyway! I hope you like it and vote in the comments to your ships!! I don't own BNHA.

Votes:
Bakumi - 1
Todomi - 4
Tizumi - 4

Oooohhhh!!! The competition is getting heated!! Vote on which ship you want sailing!!