Chapter 30

-3rd POV-

The Pussycats conducted an activity for the hero course, and that is...  The Test of Courage! The two classes will compete with each other on who scares the most students; thus having teams of two. Everything were going just fine, until smoke and an unknown gas filled the air.

"what's happening? A forest fire?!"  concerned and worried The Pussycats evacuated the students and announced to every single student that they are being attacked by noon other than the League of Villains. "I thought this was supposed to be a secret location..." Mineta shakily said, taking steps back.

-Tito's POV-

'what the hell is happening?!' I thought as I ran with Reiko-san on my back. Thanks to Constantine, I'm not as affected by the gas but it still made me sluggish and uncoordinated. 'tch! These slaves are beginning to get in my nerves! Oi brat! Don't you dare pass out!' Lucian growled seeing as he couldn't do anything for now. "we gotta get to the safe house! Just a little more..." my eyes were getting blurry each second. I took another step but because of the gas, I slipped and fell to the ground. "Tito-kun!" 'Izumi?' I peeled my eyes open and smiled. "we have confirmed one of their goals! They are after a student named Kacchan! Kacchan! Wherever you are and whatever you do, do not engage in battle! Do you understand?"

" Kacchan?? What would they do to Kacchan??" Izumi was nervously shaking, if it weren't for the gas I would be comforting her right now. I looked her over and tried to stand when I saw her bleeding arm "wha--"

-??? POV-

Everything is going as planned, now we just have to distract those hero scums until we get the target. What's taking so long though? "the target has been acquired! Mission accomplished, I'll see you at the rendezvous point" finally! "but hey, I just remembered! Why'd you take the kid with you?" It's been bugging me, but not really. We arrived at the rendezvous point and waited for the others, well if they're late then we'll just leave them behind.

We waited for a few minutes and while waiting, the students made a great but not so great entrance. "Give them back!" a battered green haired guy, wow these kids are desperate. "Compress! Dodge!" I grinned and attacked them once they were separated, we needed to buy time until warp dude comes. "Twice!" " Gotcha! DON'T RUSH ME DAMN IT!"

"Midoriya! Todoroki! Let's run" I got confused but since Compress wasn't in any kind of panic, I wasn't panicked but at the same time I was.

-Izuku's POV-

"Oi they got the target. Aren't you worried." We started to run, "oh I'm sorry, but seeing them happily retreat just sparked my entertainer side. Don't worry I still have them." that statement made all of us freeze and turn around. "Give them back!!" "mi...n.. na.." a weak voice rasped out, "Twice, get her to the warp now." the portal appeared and the other males man carried a girl on his shoulder. I gasped and rage bubbled inside me, without a second thought I jumped in and aimed a kick but was blocked by the blue flames. "MICCHAN!!" Shoji-kun pulled me back as Todoroki-kun blasted his own flames, "Give them all back you bastards!" "ah... Todoroki Shoto... We met at last"

I couldn't care less at my injuries right now, but a beam was able to hit the one who had Kacchan and Tokoyami. But as we all ran and tried to catch the marbles, the one holding Micchan went through the warp gate. I felt rigid as Micchan disappeared but also because they still got the other marble, we didn't know what to do. "Compress, confirm if we got the target" "tch! They ruined my show" the marbles glowed and time seemed to slow. They were able to get Kacchan. 'no... Nononononono!!!!' I stood up and ran to save them. I can't give up now!! I won't! "Don't come any closer, Deku!" That was the last thing I heard before he fully disappeared.

I fell to my knees and screamed. I screamed to the top of my lungs. I screamed because I couldn't save the people I cared about. The people I hold dear. I couldn't even save anyone!

Micchan... Micchan...

"gambatte!!! onii-chan!"

"Micchan... Do you think I'll be a hero someday?" I looked up from my coloringbook as she giggled. "of course you will! Onii-cha will be the strongest hero in the whoooole wide world! Even stronger than Kacchan! And I'll be your #1 fan alongside mom!" she grinned as she pointed to the ceiling.

"Don't worry onii-chan! I'm sure you'll get a quirk someday! That doctor was just being mean! You're just a... a ... Late bloomer! That's it! Don't give up hope onii-chan! I'll still be your #1 fan"

"hey don't be mean to onii-chan! He's just a late bloomer! He'll get his quirk someday! And he'll be the best hero that ever existed!"

"Nee onii-chan, what will you do if I was held hostage by a villain?" I looked at her with wide eyes. What is this feeling? "I'll save you of course! Even if I get hurt! I'll never let anything happen to you!" that's what I said.

That was what I said... But what about now? What happened to that promise? How... How could I be a hero if I couldn't even save my own sister?! My own friend?! I couldn't even keep my promise! I'm so stupid!! I'm so.... Useless.

-Todoroki's POV-

I stared at the spot where the villains once stood. I shakily stood up, but still fell on my knees. I couldn't stand. I couldn't see, as the tears flowed from my eyes. I didn't know who was screaming along with Midoriya. But I soon found out as I felt my throat hurt. 'They were right in front of you! She was right in front of you! And you couldn't even--!!' I didn't know how long I screamed but when I woke up I couldn't feel anything. 'Izumi...' I stood up from what I presumed as the hospital bed. I remembered what happened. How could I forget when they were taken right in front of my eyes?

I swear. That I'll bring her back. I'll bring them both back. I don't care if I'll have to cross hell and back.

----------
OMG!! What happened?!?! Vote-- wait no!! The voting poll is now CLOSED!! AND THE WINNER IS!!!!

BAKUGOU!!!!!!

Katsuki: hah!! Would you look at that I won!  Ha! Serves you right you half-and-half bastard!!

Todoroki: I may have lost in the pool but that doesn't mean I won't interfere with your relationship with Izumi. I'll still love her.

Izuku: more importantly!! What have you done to Micchan author-chan?!?!

Me: I killed... Her??

All: WHAT?!?!?

Izumi: but I'm right here?