heshikiri hasebe x reader

With brows furrowed together, Hasebe read through the list he had just received from Saniwa. Yet again, his name wasn't on it.

He took in a deep breath before stepping forward, positioning himself in front of the other swords in the citadel. "Dispatch orders from master." He announced.

As Saniwa's secretary, it was always Hasebe's job to relay orders from the master onto the other swords. Despite being the one closest to Saniwa, Hasebe was never once sent out onto the battlefield. This eventually caused the sword to lose even more confidence in himself.

Usually, he would wonder if it was because he wasn't good enough, if Saniwa only viewed him as a messenger and nothing else. Was he that terrible of a sword that he wasn't worth being sent to the front lines even once?

"I'll begin announcing the swords being dispatched this time round, please get ready." Hasebe readied the slip of paper in front of him and began counting down on the names of the swords written.

"Wakizashi. Namazuo Toushirou."

"Tantou. Taikogane Sadamune."

"Uchigatana. Izuminokami Kanesada."

"Ootachi. Jiroutachi."

"Tachi. Kogitsunemaru."

"Lastly, Tachi, Ichigo Hitofuri will be the captain. You will be sent to the Sengoku Era in Kyoto. That will be all, the six of you are to assemble back here in thirty minutes."

The six swords acknowledged their orders and hurried off to get into battle gear. The rest dispersed into different areas of the citadel and continued performing their internal affairs and duties.

Hasebe held in a sigh as he returned to Saniwa's room to update the master about the dispatch orders. As he climbed up the stairs, he felt his heart becoming heavier, sinking deeper until it hit the pit of his stomach. He felt horrible about himself, he felt useless.

Knocking his knuckles onto the door, Hasebe requested for permission to enter. "Master, may I come in?"

"Yes." Saniwa's soft voice was barely audible through the door.

Sliding the door open gently, Hasebe pardoned himself and entered the room, remembering to close the door quietly in order not to startle the female. He was extremely mindful of Saniwa's sensitivity and her likes or dislikes, loud noises were definitely something she wasn't fond of.

"I have already given Master's orders out to the others. They are getting ready for battle now." He explained and caught a glimpse of Saniwa's gentle smiling face.

"Alright, thank you for your hard work, Hasebe," She nodded in approval,"Is there anything else you need?"

Hasebe thought for a while before responding. "What would you like for lunch today? Shokudaikiri is still out on expedition so I'll get Kasen to make it instead."

Saniwa chuckled lightly. "I'd love to have Hasebe's udon again. Would that be alright?"

"If that's what Master wishes for, I will fulfill it." Hasebe bowed in response to her request.

The female smiled in satisfaction. "I'm counting on you then, Hasebe. If there isn't anything else, then you are dismissed."

There was actually another question that he had been dying to raise to Saniwa for ages. Now was a good time to mention it to Saniwa and get the answer to it once and for all.

The sword deliberated for a long while. He loved the Saniwa dearly and wholeheartedly. For her to not send him out to the front lines at all did hurt his feelings and thus he needed one, one reason for not dispatching him out of the citadel.