nikkari aoe x reader

Requested by: @AlinoraReyVallion

Nikkari Aoe stopped on his tracks when he heard what seemed like sobs coming from the shed, where all the equipment was held at. His eyes loomed over towards the small shed as he gave it one hard look.

Is it a ghost? He wondered, taking careful steps towards the shed.

As he got closer, the crying became significantly louder. Nikkari got even more curious as he took silent steps towards them, mindful not to make any noise as to scare whoever was inside.

It was already dark into the night and everyone in the citadel was already fast asleep. Nikkari was an exception as he went to get a drink from the kitchen which explained why he was still awake in the middle of the night.

Reaching out towards the knob of the door, Nikkari pushed the door open gingerly. The creaking sound startled whoever was crying behind it as he heard their breath hitch and the sobs coming to a halt. In all curiosity, Nikkari peeked his head into the shed.

"Who's here?" He questioned, his eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"Nikkari..." He heard a sigh if relief before he got pulled down to the ground by his left hand.

Stumbling over his feet, Nikkari winced as he crashed onto the ground. He tensed up and searched through the darkness to search for the culprit, relaxing shortly after upon finding Saniwa crouched next to him.

"What are you doing in here?" Nikkari's voice was slightly teasing while he slowly analysed the situation.

A sniffle came out of the female next to him. She took in a deep breath before she continued with what she was doing earlier, which was crying.

Nikkari watched her in silence as Saniwa's sobs echoed through the empty shed. With her hands reached up towards her face, Saniwa wiped the tears away desperately which did not work for her, unfortunately. The tears simply continued streaming down the sides of her cheeks.

Without putting in much thought into his actions, Nikkari extended out to Saniwa's head and brought it closer to himself. Resting her head onto his shoulder carefully as if he was handling glass, Nikkari provided her with the comfort Saniwa needed silently.

"I broke him," She heaved through uneven breaths as she tried to compose herself. "I broke Juzumaru... I'm so sorry..."

Her words shocked Nikkari indeed. As Juzumaru Tsunetsugu was part of the Aoe school, he had a relatively close relationship with the tachi. Hearing this awful piece of news from his crying master was the worst possible thing he could ever hope for.

Although panic-stricken, Nikkari maintained his cool. Rubbing Saniwa's shoulder to express his comfort, Nikkari spoke quietly. "What happened?"

Saniwa took a few deep breaths before responding, forcing her voice out through her hushed cries. "I underestimated the enemy. Juzumaru sacrificed himself while covering Imanotsurugi when the enemy wanted to attack him from the back. Juzumaru was already heavily injured by then so a single hit from the enemy broke him..."

"I see." Nikkari did not know what other words he could say in response to this situation. It was hard for him to accept the cold hard truth but he knew it was hardest for Saniwa that moment.

"I'm so sorry," Saniwa repeated remorsefully. "Nikkari, I'm so sorry..."

Nikkari patted Saniwa's shoulder in attempt to comfort her. Although he himself felt heartbroken from learning of the tragic news about Juzumaru, he was sure his Master felt even worse. That moment, all he could provide for her was support and comfort.