tsurumaru kuninaga x reader

"Boo!"

Saniwa squealed as a pair of hands gripped onto her shoulders tightly, followed by a loud holler. This scene happened almost every single day but never has she gotten used to it.

Whipping her head back exasperatedly, she shot a glare at her best friend and secretly her most treasured sword, Tsurumaru Kuninaga. He grinned gleefully at her reaction, patting both hands onto her shoulders in satisfaction before removing them.

"Your reactions are always the best, Master." He chuckled, hoisting his hands onto his hips proudly.

"Tsuru, why are you here? Aren't you out on dispatch-- Oh my god, you're severely injured!" Saniwa's eyes almost popped out of her sockets at the sight of Tsurumaru's clothing.

"I retreated as I was heavily injured." Tsurumaru shrugged Saniwa's remark off nonchalantly with his goofy smile still plastered onto his lips.

He was in his standard battle gear, adorned spectacularly with gold chains and a sheet of white. Saniwa always thought he looked especially cool and graceful when in his battle outfit.

However as of now, Tsurumaru's usually clean, neat and white clothing was stained with blotches of crimson red blood, along with some patches of dirt. There were also small cuts on his usual clear, glowing skin and as a whole, his condition was worrisome.

Saniwa got onto her feet hastily, making sure to hold onto Tsurumaru's wrists gently as she brought him over to the repair room. "I can't believe you are still pulling pranks despite your condition." She lamented as she dragged the injured sword into the room.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, your reactions are enough to relief the pain from these." Tsurumaru cackled but obediently followed his master's lead.

"Tsuru, you're an idiot." Saniwa deadpanned.

"That's mean." Tsurumaru faked a cry as both master and sword entered the repair room.

Saniwa rolled her eyes. Despite what she said, she was genuinely concerned for Tsurumaru and it pained her seeing him in such a state. She was certain that he could barely keep his balance in the condition he was in but he still retained that lopsided smile of his.

And that was what she loved about him.

Saniwa had always held romantic feelings towards Tsurumaru but of course, Tsurumaru was completely oblivious to them. He always placed her in what many would consider the 'friend zone'. If she were to be honest, she liked being teased and pranked by Tsurumaru as it made her happy by simply seeing that lovely smile on his face.

It didn't matter to her much that Tsurumaru couldn't return her feelings anyway, she was more than contented with just spending time with him. That alone was enough for her to continue on with that unrequited love of hers.

"You'll probably need twenty hours with all these injuries... Be good and stay in here till you are in full health, alright?" Saniwa instructed the sword and left the repair room but was held back by Tsurumaru's grasp.

In confusion, Saniwa cocked her head backwards with a scowl in order to conceal the blush creeping up onto her face. "What is it?"

"It's lonely being the only one here for twenty hours, accompany your best friend, won't you?" Tsurumaru winked, making her heart skip a beat.

"I'm a female," Saniwa stated matter-of-factly,"It's inappropriate for me to enter with you."

"Master, haven't you seen everything already?" Tsurumaru joked,"There isn't anyone and there won't be for the next twenty hours. I want company."