hizamaru x reader

Three uniform knocks on the door and Hizamaru was given permission to enter Saniwa's office. He slid the door open slowly, making sure not to cause any loud noises in the process of opening it.

The sword was still in his battle attire, consisting of a white button top under his black cropped blazer and long pants of the same colour. In his hands were a stack of papers, with words neatly handwritten over them.

He stepped into the office, bowing politely before he strode towards Saniwa's desk. Extending his hands out, he handed the papers over to her.

"Master, this is my report." His voice was firm but he refused to have eye contact with Saniwa.

"Well done, thank you. I will take a look at it later." Saniwa acknowledged his efforts and settled the papers next to her.

She noticed that after a while, Hizamaru was still fidgeting about, seemingly to be debating with his inner self on some matter as he scrunched his nose upwards uncomfortably. Trying her best not to laugh out loud, she asked,"Hizamaru, is there anything else that you need from me?"

"Um..." Hizamaru's voice trailed off, his eyes still adverted away from Saniwa's gaze.

"Did Higekiri bully you by forgetting your name again?" Saniwa teased the younger of the brother swords from the Minamoto clan.

"That's not it!" Hizamaru rebutted immediately, his lips curved downwards adorably.

As expected of the younger brother, he still protrayed some childish sides to himself. Although he was at least a millenia old and was an exceptionally skilled combat fighter on the battefield, he still possessed some characteristics which a cute younger brother should have. He made the weak and frail Saniwa who couldn't even save herself want to protect him with all her might occassionally.

Hizamaru regained his composure, his cheeks tinted red which he hid under his long, mint green fringe. "Indeed, it is about my elder brother."

Saniwa hummed, cueing for him to continue on. She propped her elbows onto her desk, resting her chin in between the backs of her hands as she waited patiently for Hizamaru's next lines.

"Master, is it really alright for me to be captain instead of my brother for our first mission out together?" Hizamaru wore an uncertain look as he glanced over at Saniwa shyly. "I know brother said that he's alright with it but I can't help feeling uneasy, being the one to lead the group instead of him."

Saniwa pondered on what to say for a while. Of course, she had her reasons for choosing Hizamaru. Although both brothers were equally skilled at combat and abilities, Hizamaru was more suited to be captain for that one dispatch mission.

Her train of thought was cut short when another knock was heard from the door. Saniwa granted them permission before the door creaked open, revealing the subject of their conversation topic, Higekiri.

Higekiri was also in his battle attire, which was very similar to Hizamaru's. He wore a black buttoned-up top of the exact same design as his brother's, clean white pants and a matching blazer to Hizamaru's, only that it was longer and white in colour. However, unlike Hizamaru, Higekiri drapped his blazer over his shoulders.

Hizamaru panicked at the sight of his brother. Did he actually listen in onto their conversation?

"Pardon me, Master," Higekiri's smile was carefree as he darted his eyes towards Hizamaru,"So that is what it was all about. I was wondering why you were so out of it after our mission, uh..."

"My name is Hizamaru!" Hizamaru said for the umpteeth time. This sight was a common one, for Higekiri to be forgetful with names, including his brother's.