higekiri x reader (2)

Requested by: @rose-llin

Higekiri felt something snaking around his waist, followed by something thudding against his back. The hold the person had on him was pretty tight as they snuggled their head against his back, treating him similarly as one would to a teddy bear.

The sword chuckled, looking backwards to get a glimpse of the person behind him. He had already expected to see his Master behind him and he did as he sported his usual carefree smile at the sight of the young girl.

Removing her head off Higekiri's back, Saniwa lifted her face up to meet Higekiri's mersmirising golden eyes, which reflected beautifully under the moonlight, capativating her even more as the moments went by. A slight pout formed onto her lips before she removed her arms off Higekiri and scooted next to him to take a seat.

"I have been wondering," she began, swinging her legs slowly as she gazed up at the bright, crescent moon. "If I should get a pet to keep me company."

"A pet?" Higekiri repeated, cocking his head sideways, expressing his confusion. "Why so suddenly?"

"To keep me company," Saniwa said once again, tearing her gaze off the moon and towards Higekiri instead. "You know, having a little friend helps with distressing and stuff sometimes."

Higekiri's smile turned upside down and his forehead ceased a little at the sound of Saniwa's words. "Is having me by your side not enough?" He blurted out without much thought.

Saniwa's eyes widened before her lips curved up into a cheeky grin. "Oh, what's this? Someone's getting upset?" She sang, poking at Higekiri's cheek mischievously.

"Of course I'm upset," Higekiri countered. "If you were to get a pet, you'll probably neglect me, won't you?"

"You lack confidence in me," Saniwa interjected flatly, poking Higekiri's cheek once more before placing both hands onto his shoulders as she lifted herself up slowly, placing a soft peck onto his lips. "How could I neglect my precious boyfriend? It'd require a lot of effort for me to actually cast you aside, I'd probably experience suffering similar to falling into a bed of needles if I were to neglect you."

Higekiri puffed his cheeks out, a sight which no one but Saniwa has seen. For the other swords, including Higekiri's brother Hizamaru, the Higekiri they knew wouldn't frown and pout from mere teasing. In fact, he would be the one doing the teasing instead.

"What kind of animal are you planning to keep then?" Although feeling grouchy, Higekiri questioned on.

Saniwa's lips broadened into an even wider smile as she locked her gaze with Higekiri's excitedly. "A lion!"

"A lion?" Higekiri gawked at her for a moment. "Master, is that even legal for you humans to keep as a pet?"

"I'm just being ambitious," Saniwa rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "I want a lion since it reminds me of you, since your blade would roar at night like a lion."

"That's just a legend about me," Higekiri defended himself. "A lion is a bit too much, Master."

Saniwa released a dejected sigh. "I figured so... A lion may get into a fight with Gokotai's tigers as well, won't it?"

"I think you're taking this too seriously," Higekiri let out a nervous laugh. "We have the horses in the stable, aren't those plenty enough as pets?"

The young female narrowed her eyes in on her boyfriend. "Horses are different! They can't cuddle with me and- I know..."

Higekiri gulped. The creepy smirk on Saniwa's face gave him weird vibes and the appearance of such a smirk was never a good sign, at least from Higekiri's line of experience with Saniwa. It usually meant that Saniwa had some odd and ambiguous idea stirring up inside her mind.