tsurumaru kuninaga x reader (4)

Requested by: @HoangDuy403

"Smile!" Whipping out a camera, Tsurumaru called out to Saniwa as he attempted to take a picture of her.

"No! Go away!" Flailing her arms about, Saniwa attempted to block the lens of the camera such that it could not get a view of her face. "Stop it, I look ugly!"

Tsurumaru frowned. "Come on, just one picture! Pretty please?"

"No!" Saniwa's voice came out louder than she had expected for it to, startling both herself and Tsurumaru. This showed her obvious displeasure in having her photo taken, expressing how much she did not like having her face being captured by the camera.

Tsurumaru lowered the camera. "Why not?" His tone was gentle, as if to pacify the girl as she facepalmed herself instead such that her face was blocked and unseen.

"Because I'm ugly," Saniwa whimpered, her voice slightly muffled under her hands. "I don't look good, so please, don't take my photo."

"You really think so?" Tsurumaru settled the camera next to him before he inched his way towards Saniwa. He gradually felt his heart sink upon seeing how unconfident Saniwa was of her looks, despite how beautiful she actually was in his eyes.

Saniwa nodded, her two hands still planted flat onto her face. She did not say anything else as she stayed in her position, not moving as she took the moment to calm herself down. Right then, her heart was pulpatating so quickly due to anxiety and shock, especially since Tsurumaru popped up out of nowhere with that camera to snap a photo of her.

The young female was never confident about her looks since she was a kid. She never liked how she looked and never appreciated her features. Whenever she faced her reflection in a mirror, only criticisms and insults about herself would flood her mind. If only her eyes were bigger, if only her lips were fuller, if only her skin was brighter, if only her nose was more well-defined, if only the colour of her lips were more even--these negative thoughts filled her head whenever she saw herself.

Tsurumaru brought himself nearer towards Saniwa slowly in order not to scare the daylight out of her. He noted that she was in a sensitive state now and that she was extremely fragile so he made sure he did not take any harsh or rash course of action.

He placed his hand over hers, carressing it gently to calm Saniwa down. Smiling lightly, he cooed. "It's okay, I don't have the camera with me anymore. Don't hide your face, Master, I want to see it."

Saniwa sniffled, reluctant to remove her hands off her face. However the sweet and gentle tone Tsurumaru used to speak to her, it felt so warm and fuzzy, it melted her heart. Eventually, she brought her hands away from her face, meeting the stunning golden irises of Tsurumaru's.

"Why are you crying?" Tsurumaru chided, one hand still holding onto Saniwa's while the other reached out towards her face to wipe away the tears welling up in her eyes.

"I..." Saniwa's words trailed off as she adverted her gaze away from Tsurumaru, pursing her lips into a thin line.

"Even when crying," Tsurumaru began, brushing the back of his hand lightly against Saniwa's rosey pink cheeks. "You still look so beautiful..."

Saniwa inhaled, her cheeks blushing an even deeper red as she heard Tsurumaru's words. She would have called him out for lying but the sincerity in his voice stopped her from doing so. The genuine look of adoration and love in his eyes melted Saniwa's heart even further and her heart began hammering against her chest due to the embarrassment washing over her.

"But," Tsurumaru continued. "You still look the most beautiful when you smile. I like your smile, Master, so please stop crying and smile for me."