mikazuki munechika x reader (3)

Mikazuki felt a presence next to him but was unfazed but it as he continued to sip on his tea. Shifting his gaze sideways, he later darted them back forward.

"I found this outside your room," Kogitsunemaru proceeded to speak. He held a small white envelope in his hands, bringing it towards Mikazuki such that he could take a look.

Mikazuki let out an amused laugh. "Well, well, what's this?" Retrieving the envelope from Kogitsunemaru's hands, he observed it in his.

The name 'Mikazuki Munechika' was written beautifully in cursive over the centre of the envelope. There was nothing else fancy about the envelope besides that, it was a simple plain and white envelope.

Placing it into his pocket, Mikazuki went back to drinking his tea. Kogitsunemaru reacted to this with a raised eyebrow, utterly confused.

"Aren't you going to read it?" Out of curiosity, Kogitsunemaru questioned.

"This will have to wait for later," Mikazuki smiled wistfully.

When dawn came, Kogitsunemaru left the porch to have dinner. Mikazuki decided to stay for a while more, using the fact that he wasn't hungry yet as an excuse to stay for the porch for a few more moments. Upon having a growling stomach, Kogitsunemaru did not question him further and left to get his portion of dinner that night.

As Kogitsunemaru's footsteps trailed off down the hallways, Mikazuki gazed ahead at the setting sun, which shone a brilliant shade of orange. However, despite how enchanting a setting sun was, Mikazuki enjoyed admiring crescent moons more. It probably is because of the origin of his name which made him like the moon more.

Speaking of crescent moons, there was someone else other than himself who loved them. The thought of this certain someone reminded him of the envelope he had gotten earlier.

Retrieving the item from his pocket, Mikazuki stared at his name written on it before letting out a low chuckle. It was obvious who it was from--Saniwa.

Mikazuki unsealed the letter from its envelope, unfolding it and reading through the contents. Although he had no idea what Saniwa had written in her letter earlier, he knew that he needed to read it in private, which meant he needed Kogitsunemaru to be absent whe he was reading it.

Dear Mikazuki Munechika

This is the first time I am writing a letter to one of my swords so pardon my awkwardness. Don't you dare laugh at me with that contagious laugh of yours.

One year ago, a maiden heard of this sword that was famous for its beauty. Intrigued by this information she had, she wished hard every single day for her to get this sword with her very own two hands.

Her wishes came true when one fine day, this sword greeted her by her door, a serene smile adorning her face. She was about to break down from happiness that moment, bursting into tears of bliss and joy. She maintained her cool however and welcomed him coolly, settling the admin matters with him normally.

Days went by and she found herself opening out to this sword. Her memories created with him were exceptionally memorable, she wanted them all to last forever. That, was the last wish she wanted from this sword.

First, was to obtain him.

Next, was to create memories with him.

Last but not least, was to spend the rest of her life with him, such that them together would last forever.

So now, will you think out of the box and think of a way to fulfill this maiden's wish?

As Saniwa, I order you selfishly to meet me at the rooftop to give me a solution to make this maiden's wish come true. Truthfully, I believe she needs help for this.