shishiou x reader

Scooping Saniwa off the bed, Shishiou gave her a toothy grin. "Let's view the cherry blossoms today! They are in full bloom right now."

Saniwa's eyes rounded in surprise as Shishiou cradled her in his arms and tossed a mat into her hands. "Shishiou," She uttered in appal,"You can just place me in the wheelchair like you always do. I'm heavy so put me down."

"Nonsense, you aren't heavy," Shishiou lifted Saniwa and folded his elbows up and down to prove his point,"In fact, you are light!"

"Isn't it tiring to carry me like this though?" Saniwa scrunched her face up in distaste as her eyes trailed down to Shishiou's slender arms.

"Not at all! It feels nice to have Master this close to me." Shishiou grinned cheekily.

Saniwa flushed red in the blink of an eye. "I'm amazed how you can say such embarrassing things this casually." She muttered under her breath.

"What did you say?" The blonde tilted his head sideways as he requested for Saniwa to repeat what she had just mentioned.

"N-nothing." She denied hastily and placed an end to the conversation.

Shishiou didn't bother questioning Saniwa further as he proceeded out of her room, carrying her princess-style. It was a truly shameful sight for Saniwa, especially since Shishiou has never carried her in his arms before.

Saniwa didn't have any strength in her legs ever since she was a kid and always had to use a wheelchair to manoeuvre. Since appointing Shishiou as her attendant, the sword had always been aiding Saniwa by helping her on and off her wheelchair and providing her with endless attention.

It didn't take long before Shishiou and Saniwa became the best of friends. Whenever problems or disputes arose, these two would confide in each other first and share their thoughts with each other. Both master and sword understood each other the best in the whole citadel and their friendship was stronger than anyone else could imagine for it to be.

Although Saniwa and Shishiou would occassionally speak like an old married couple, they did not hold deep feelings for each other. They both saw the other as a buddy to depend on and place their trust in and for Saniwa's case, Shishiou was the sword she trusted most in the entire citadel. Of course, she had faith in all her swords but Shishiou was special to her.

"Master, could you lay the mat onto the grass? You can sit on my lap as you do it." Shishou got onto his knees and placed Saniwa onto his lap such that her dress would not get dirtied by the grass.

"Okay..." Uncertain about placing her weight onto Shishiou's legs, Saniwa attempted to lay the mat out quickly so that she would not tire Shishiou's thighs.

Shishiou was a tachi but he was much more lean and slim than the other swords who were of the same type as he was. He wasn't as buff and tall as they were, in fact he was the shortest and smallest tachi in the citadel. Exerting too much pressure on Shishiou's smaller frame worried Saniwa a fair bit.

As she was done laying the mat out, Shishiou laid Saniwa gingerly onto the pastel coloured mat before taking his place next to her.

"Master, they are pretty, aren't they?" Shishiou picked up a fallen cherry blossom petal and handed it over to Saniwa.

"They are." Receiving the cute pastel pink flower, Saniwa smiled lightly.

Shishiou nodded in satisfaction as he gazed up at the tall tree in front of them. "This brings back memories from the new year's celebration we had, it was fun." Laughing, Shishiou reminisced of the good times they had.

"We have gotten more comrades this year so we will throw a bigger party next new year's." Saniwa commented, her focus fixated onto the graceful falling petals.

"You'd better." Chuckling, Shishiou leaned onto his back, using his arms as a pillow as he laid on the mat and closed his eyes.

"Shishiou," Saniwa spoke his name with a delicate tone in her voice,"Thank you for everything, I know I have been very burdensome to you as your master."

Batting his previously closed eyelids open, Shishiou's eyebrows met. "Master, I have never viewed you as a burden before!" He rebutted with a look of disbelief.

Saniwa laughed lightly. "You're too kind," She stared ahead sadly,"I have been troubling you a lot due to my condition."

The sword made a face. "Master, I've already told you to use me as much as you can when I first arrived at this citadel. If you want, I'll be even more active!"

"You're so adorable." Saniwa patted Shishiou's head before continuing to observe the cherry blossoms. She smiled a smile of gratefulness, feeling thankful that she actually had such a good-natured companion by her side.

Shishiou was enthusiastic as usual. Despite his cool and spunky appearance, he still appeared like a child to Saniwa. It was probably since he had the energy which children would usually possess and would occassionally lament like a child would to a nagging parent.

The tachi scrunched his nose up in annoyance. "Me? Adorable?"

Giggling softly, Saniwa nodded and ruffled his soft, blonde hair. "Shishiou's cute to me despite his appearance. You are like a child."

"Master, I'm not a child." Shishiou grunted, getting up as he sulked.

"Fine, don't look so unhappy," Cupping Shishiou's face in between her hands, Saniwa took in Shishiou's features before giving him a sheepish smile,"Actually, you still look cute to me."

She knew she had upsetted Shishiou when he adverted his gaze and crossed his arms. "Cute is used for the tantous, especially those from the Awataguchi school, not me. I'm sure my old man wouldn't consider me cute as well."

Placing her head onto Shishiou's shoulder, Saniwa cuddled up against her best friend and played with his ponytail. "Well, girls will consider those they like cute. Just take what I said as words of compliment."

Shishiou fell silent. In all curiosity, Saniwa gazed upwards to catch a glimpse of his face. A smile crept up on her face as she realised that Shishiou's naturally pale complexion was tinted pink.

Holding in a laugh, Saniwa thought indeed, Shishiou was cute after all.

a/n: maybe its just me but i feel that shishiou is kinda popular(?). tbh he's more favoured than i'd expect him to be, i feel a number of players have actually set him as their attendant but im not too sure. he's not one of my favourites but his character design did interest me when i first saw him. also, saniwa is indeed handicapped for this chapter since i thought i should spice things up a little more, i hope that it turns out to be a decent read for you! thanks for reading :>

*for requests, message me or leave a comment on the part titled 'contents', ty!*