kashuu kiyomitsu x reader

Saniwa gazed forward at the huge cherry blossom tree, which was already in full bloom. The magnificent petals fell off the branches elegantly, landing onto the soft, mellow grass. Indeed, the cherry blossoms were a spectacular sight during nightfall.

She then lifted her head up to admire the stars hanging on the starry blue sky as she tried to figure out some of the signs made by the stars. Failing to do so, she gave up and slumped back onto the roof, daydreaming into space.

A few footsteps began to thud behind her but Saniwa did not bother with them at all. In fact, she already knew who was the owner to those footsteps.

"Master, aren't you going to bed yet?" He spoke, making his way down the roof carefully and taking a seat next to Saniwa.

As Saniwa had expected, they belonged to none other than Kashuu Kiyomitsu.

"I'm not tired yet. Also, don't call me that, it doesn't sound right coming from you." Saniwa chided, propping her hands onto the back of her head as they served as a pillow.

She heard Kashuu hold in a laugh before he spoke again,"Pfft, everyone in this citadel calls you Master. I'll be the odd one out if I were to address you informally."

Saniwa puffed her cheeks out in disapproval. "Kashuu," Sighing, she fidgeted about in place,"It's odd for me to have my best friend call me 'Master'. Drop the formalities, will you?"

Kashuu Kiyomitsu was and still is Saniwa's best friend. It probably was because Kashuu's the first sword to arrive at this citadel, which meant that he was the one who had spent the most time with Saniwa. This resulted to the a strong bond between them, a bond which stretched further than just being master and sword.

"The cherry blossoms are pretty, aren't they?" Saniwa blurted out without much thought.

"They sure are, unlike someone I know." Kashuu mocked.

Saniwa sneered,"At least I'm not as troublesome as a certain sword I know, who's a pain to handle in the citadel and on battlefield."

"Master, you will catch a cold in that." Kashuu changed the topic swiftly, eyeing Saniwa with a look of distaste. "Here, wear this." Unwrapping the scarf around his neck, Kashuu tossed it over to her.

Saniwa grunted,"Idiot Kashuu, I told you not to call me that."

She felt him shifting around in his seat next to her, his usual discontented sigh escaping from his lips. "Fine, you're annoying. I'll avoid calling you that when we're alone but when the others are around, I will definitely be addressing you as that."

Chuckling at the foulness of his tone, Saniwa nodded in satisfaction. "Okay, that's good enough."

In the midst of laughing, Saniwa felt a warm yet gentle touch at the back of her right hand. She jolted up in surprise as Kashuu suddenly clasped her hand in his, bring it close to his face and observing her fingernails.

"Hey, I just made a new colour today. Do me a favour and be my guinea pig." With that said, he dashed off the rooftop and disappeared back into his room.

Although dumbfounded, Saniwa still waited patiently for her best friend to return. She was well aware of what he was planning to do, but was still taken aback by his sudden exclaimation of offering to paint her nails.

Knowing the guy, even though he sounded like he wanted Saniwa to be his test subject, she knew that the sword wanted her to try out a new colour he made out of good intentions. Having spent so long with Kashuu, she was already used to his mannerisms.

Soft thuds were heard again and Kashuu retook his seat next to Saniwa with his precious box filled with his personalized nail polishes in them. The sword unbuckled the box and retrieved a small bottle from it gingerly, replacing the box next to him afterwards as he rested the small bottle in between his thighs.