imanotsurugi x reader

Requested by: @NT_HazukeMisao

Saniwa's mother tightened her grip on her daughter's small hand as she spoke to the male standing on the opposite of them. The young girl glanced upwards with a look of puzzlement, observing the person whom her mother was having a conversation with.

The male was tall and had a muscular figure with broad shoulders. His hair was of a dark shade of navy, a colour close to black, with his fringe swept to the right side of his face. His eyes--or rather, left eye--was a unique shade of amber while his right eye had a black eyepatch over it, intriguing the little girl who was no older than nine. She knew nothing about him besides that he was named 'Micchan', or at least that was what her mother called him.

Saniwa's gaze fell onto her hand which her mother held onto. Her mother was trembling, she could feel it, but she did not know the reason why. This only made her even more confused as her mother continued speaking to the mysterious looking man.

"Micchan, I'm leaving her in your care," Her mother's smile was a sorrowful one. "Please take good care of her, she will be the new master of this citadel. Do explain everything to her after our conversation, about what duties she has to fulfill and all of your identities."

Saniwa watched quietly as her mother got onto her knees shortly after, such that she was at Saniwa's level. The tear-stained face her mother had caused her heart to ache but again, she did not know of the reason why her mother was acting this way.

"Listen to Micchan well, alright? Mummy has to go to somewhere for a long period of time so you will stay in here for the time being," She patted Saniwa's head before embracing her daughter into a tight hug. "I will miss you so much."

That was the last time Saniwa saw her mother. Right after her mother left the citadel, Saniwa was placed right in the care of 'Micchan', who later formerly introduced himself as Shokudaikiri Mitsutada.

Shokudaikiri explained everything about the citadel to Saniwa once the young female had settled down. Though she was young and barely understood some terms Shokudaikiri had used, she got a grasp of the main idea of the situation she was in.

She was the current owner of the citadel, known as Saniwa. There were many men in the citadel, ranging for children to full-grown adults and they were swords who had adopted human forms. Shokudaikiri was also one of these swords, she was told.

Shokudaikiri also explained to Saniwa about her role, about how she had to preserve history against the time retrograde army and make use of the swords she owned to accomplish this lifelong task. He deliberately expounded on the different types of swords in the citadel which to be honest, was too much information for the nine year old to absorb.

Saniwa got settled down into the citadel relatively quickly and never questioned the disappearance of her mother. She never knew why her mother left her in the citadel but as a child, she stuck to the belief that her mother would return one day.

Upon becoming the new master of the citadel, Saniwa sealed herself up in the room on the highest floor of the citadel. Shokudaikiri, or at times Heshikiri Hasebe or Kasen Kanesada, would settle her meals and laundry by placing them outside her room but never did she once set foot out of the area she enclosed herself into. The young but intellegent girl found no reason to associate herself with her swords. As long as she was doing her job as Saniwa, it was fine, wasn't it? That was exactly what she thought.

Three years passed since Saniwa lived in isolation. She never met her swords and never have they seen her face to face themselves before. She was growing day by day into a young teen with no one to watch her physical and mental growth.