ookurikara x reader (2)

Requested by: @NomiUzumaki

Ookurikara cradled the limp female in his arms, his eyes filled with devastation. He could not believe his eyes, he did not want to believe the reality potrayed right before him that instant.

He did not know what to do, his mind could only go into a state of panic. She did not have much time left, Ookurikara knew. The wound inflicted on her was too big and as seconds ticked by, Saniwa was losing even more blood.

With eyes wavering and his head spinning, Ookurikara felt his world crumbling apart when he saw both his hands stained in Saniwa's scarlet red blood. He couldn't grasp reality, he couldn't understand why he had ended up in this situation.

Just two days ago, Saniwa had dispatched a team of swords on a mission. The mission was said to be the most dangerous by far and although hesistant, as she feared her swords might come back fully injured or worse, to never return at all, Saniwa still sent her swords out as it was important and her duty for her to do so. Since it was an absolutely treacherous mission, Saniwa made sure to only dispatch her top tier swords in order to increase the success rate of the mission.

The mission went well at first until the final boss, where all six swords dispatched faced a dangerous threat. They met with a wave of high ranked enemies who were paired with a high level of expertise. The swords Saniwa dispatched may have been skilled but against this enemy, they stood little to no chance.

Saniwa, out of worry for her swords, decided to rush to where they were to help them retreat from the front lines. Since the enemy was sending critical hits and consecutive blows at the swords non-stop, neither of them had the opportunity to retreat back to the citadel. Saniwa figured it would be best for her to make it to the front lines herself to ensure that all six swords she had dispatched would at least return in one piece.

Things did not go as well as planned, unfortunately. While covering for Sayo Samonji so that he could escape, Saniwa got hit fatally by the enemy, who swung a blade across her body and cut her right straight in the abdomen. Due to this, Saniwa had lost part of her conciousness the moment the blade cut through her body and was unable to defend herself against the enemy troops. Fortunately Ookurikara managed to get her body and retreat before the enemy could finish her off with another swing of the blade.

"Hurry, let's go!" Tomoegata Naginata, leader of this particular dispatch mission, hollered at all his teammates. "We have to get out of here under Master's orders! She already created a pathway for us so let's hurry!"

"No!" Ookurikara responded back with a yell. "I have to kill that Tachi, that one who hurt-"

"Think logically, Ookurikara! Now's not the time for revenge!" Ichigo Hitofuri cuts off Ookurikara. He then softened his gaze, showing that he understood Ookurikara's rage. "Listen to the leader's and Master's orders, Ookurikara, we have to leave now. We also need a quiet place to fix Master's wounds. She needs requires medical attention right now."

"But-"

"Let's get going," Shokudaikiri Mitsutada patted Ookurikara on the back. "Tending to Master's wounds is our first priority, isn't it? She doesn't have much time left."

Ookurikara fell silent. He knew what his teammates said was right but he couldn't help but feel the anger boiling up inside of him. He gave in eventually upon seeing the pained expression of his master as she laid in his arms.

Together, the six swords go down the path Saniwa had created for them, successfully escaping from the enemy. The team arrived at the entrance of the citadel, in tattered clothing and in extremely rugged condition. They did not bother about themselves however, since their master was in a condition even more dire than theirs.