tomoegata naginata x reader

Saniwa propped her hand against her face, leaning onto the table as she stared at Tomoegata Naginata seriously. She puffed her cheeks out before calling out to him.

"Tomoe, I have been thinking..."

"What is it?" Tomoegata lifted his eyes off the book in his hands, providing Saniwa with his full attention.

"Why do you wear heels when you are already so tall?" Saniwa complained grumpily, pouting.

Tomoegata blinked dumbfoundedly. He let Saniwa's words of complaint sink in before letting out a slight chortle. "Can't I? Besides, I'm not the only one who wears heels, Shizukagata does too and he's taller than me as well."

Saniwa released a low grunt, straightening her back before slumping down into her chair. "Nevermind Shizuka, I don't like the fact that you make yourself even taller even though you are already so tall."

"That's unfair." Tomoegata's eyebrows met as he narowed his eyes in on Saniwa through his golden rimmed lens.

"Because...!" Saniwa flushed red before she could finish her sentence. She pursed her lips into a thin line, hesistant on continuing her line of speech.

"Because?" Tomoegata tilted his head sideways in puzzlement.

Saniwa brought her hands towards her face, concealing the redness of it behind them. "It's too embarrassing to say." Her voice quivered as she uttered her next words.

Tomoegata arched an eyebrow, intrigued by the sight displayed right by his very eyes. A slight smile spreads across his lips in amusement as he cooed over to Saniwa.

"I will remove them if you give me a valid reason to do so." He bribed her, anticipating her reaction to it.

"What?" Saniwa wailed in disbelief, removing her hands off her hands quickly as she looked at Tomoegata in surprise.

She adverted her gaze sideways while butterflies started to flutter like crazy in her stomach. Ultimately, she gave in and spoke up.

Her lips parted as she took in a deep breath before speaking. "I-it's because with those heels, you will be further away from me because you are so much taller..." She paused, her ears turning as red as her cheeks as she braced herself for the next words. "It will be more difficult to kiss you when we are further apart in terms of height."

She said it, she managed to let Tomoegata know her real thoughts. Completely baffled by the fact that she finally said it, Saniwa curled herself up into a ball, unable to face Tomoegata.

Just six months ago, Saniwa had confessed to Tomoegata about her true feelings towards him. Of course, Tomoegata felt the same and accepted her feelings immediately, assuring her that his feelings for her were entirely mutual.

Then, they started to going out. Although it amused many of the swords that the relatively short and tiny Saniwa was going out with one of the larger and taller swords in the citadel, they still felt genuinely happy for the two.

Tomoegata couldn't help but let out a smile at Saniwa's cuteness. The way she delivered her speech so bashfully and adorably, she melted Tomoegata's heart that instant. He let out a hearty laugh, startling the timid Saniwa.

"Is that reason not valid enough?" She asked meekly, frightened that Tomoegata would despise her after hearing what she said.

"No, not that," Tomoegata forced the words out in between his laughs. "Could you please stand up for a moment?"

Confused, Saniwa got off her seat and stood straight up, just like Tomoegata had requested for her to. She gazed over at Tomoegata nervously as she stood rooted to the ground, unable to predict the next actions of her significant other.