shizukagata naginata x reader

Requested by: @reviiiiii_ & @MichiTenoh

"You shouldn't touch me," Shizukagata Naginata held his hand up, halting Saniwa before her skin could come in contact with his. "I may kill you by accident if you do."

"How can I treat your illness when you don't allow me to touch you?" Saniwa scrunched her face up in ridicule as she glared down at the bedridden sword.

Shizukagata's face stiffened at Saniwa's reply. He had expected her to turn away sadly like a lost puppy, such as any other time, instead of responding to his words.

The fact that Shizukagata did not allow Saniwa to touch him, the reason was not because they were on bad terms. It was the complete opposite.

In the entire citadel, Saniwa had the closest relationship with Shizukagata, followed by Tomoegata Naginata. These three often hung out together to have meaningless talks together, although Tomoegata usually dismissed Shizukagata and Saniwa's remarks stoically.

Instead of loathing Saniwa, Shizukagata frankly treasured her with all his might. She was someone irreplaceable to him and thus, he would never allow her to touch him, reason being that he feared harming her in any form or shape.

Shizukagata stared into Saniwa's eyes, keeping silent. He did not know what the correct or right answer to her question was, hence he could not say a single thing that moment.

Saniwa took in a deep breath, adverting her gaze uncomfortably. The young master had feelings for the sword and having such intimate eye contact with him was beyond embarrassing. She felt the heat radiating from her cheeks as the embarrassment began to kick in even more as the seconds went by.

"You really are annoying me," Saniwa's eyesbrows met in disdain. "You're telling me not to touch you when you're so sick? Let me take care of you, you damn brat!"

Shizukagata's eyes widened in shock. He blinked multiple times in aghast before parting his lips slightly, getting flustered as he forced himself to utter random words to rebut Saniwa's scolding.

"Besides," Saniwa's facial expressions softened as she extended her hand outwards again, her fingers very close to touching the sword's face. "You keep telling me not to touch you when your face clearly says the opposite..."

The back of Saniwa's fingers lightly grazed against Shizukagata's skin as she spoke in a gentle tone. Shizukagata could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body immediately when their skin came in contact and he relaxed his initially tensed body, taking in the warmth of Saniwa's touch.

This was the first time he ever felt Saniwa's touch and he liked- no, he loved it. After all, till this day, Shizukagata had always avoided Saniwa's physical contact and disallowed her to touch him. Feeling Saniwa's warmth was a new feeling and a nice experience.

Shizukagata gazed up into Saniwa's eyes before laughing bitterly. "Haha, since I'm so careless, I'm afraid I may break you. I'm scared that I may hurt you..."

The female pouted, cupping Shizukagata's face in her hands as she looked deeply into his irises, capturing his attention with her serious gaze. Shizukagata let out a short gasp and he became at a lost of words as he got captivated by Saniwa's firey gaze.

"See? I'm fine, aren't I?" Saniwa chuckled as she continued holding Shizukagata's face in her small hands,"Shizuka, you're the closest to me in this citadel and yet you always refuse my touch. It's saddening, especially because I want to embrace you all the time and yet, you always reject me."

"Huh?"

Saniwa's words left the sword flabbergasted. Her last sentence astonished him and he did not know exactly how to react to what she had just said.