taroutachi x reader

Requested by: @SebootyFanclub

"I'm coming in." Taroutachi entered Saniwa's room uninvitingly but quietly, since it was already pretty late into the night.

He heard Saniwa let out a short gasp of air before hearing silence again. In confusion, Taroutachi furrowed his eyebrows together, bewildered by Saniwa's odd behaviour.

On a usual day to day basis when Taroutachi visited Saniwa's room, she would be delighted to greet him the moment he steps through the doors. Occassionally, she would secure her arms around his tall frame and huddle onto him closely as if she were a kid trying to climb up a tree trunk.

However today, a weird and eerie silence filled the room. Saniwa was seated right in front of Taroutachi, behind a small table she had for drinking tea in the middle of her room, her back facing him as she did not make any form of noise.

"Is there something wrong?" Taroutachi walked towards Saniwa with muffled footsteps, mindful to not startle her by coming across as rash.

Saniwa whipped her head backwards instantly the moment Taroutachi crouched down next to her. She wrapped her arms around his torso, placing her head in his chest as she began weeping.

"It's okay," Taorutachi patted Saniwa's head gently, providing her with the comfort she needed. "It's okay so stop crying."

Frankly speaking, Taroutachi's heart broke the moment he heard Saniwa's cries. Aside from the fact that Saniwa was usually cheerful and bubbly, unaffected by any shortcomings that come her way, it was also because he loved and treasured her dearly. His feelings for Saniwa unfortunately, did not seem to be mutual.

"Mmm." Saniwa let out a soft hum of response as she gathered herself together, calming down gradually after a few moments.

After noticing that Saniwa had composed herself, Taroutachi continued speaking. "What's the matter?"

"Jirou..." She uttered but did not seem to be able to continue her sentence as she broke down into tears again.

Taroutachi frowned. By Jirou, she meant Jiroutachi who also is Taroutachi's brother. The three of them--Taroutachi, Jiroutachi and Saniwa--have been the best of friends since Saniwa's early days in the citadel. The three of them would always drink sake or have long chats together everyday, resulting to a strong friendship among them.

For Saniwa to cry over Jiroutachi, that surprised Taroutachi quite a bit. Although rowdy at times, Jiroutachi was definitely not one to make Saniwa cry. After all, Jiroutachi treasured Saniwa deeply as a friend too and would never want to make her cry.

"What did he do?" Taorutachi's voice became steel cold. "Did he say mean things to you? I will give him a scolding for you."

"Not that," Saniwa removed her head off Taroutachi's chest, revealing her tear-stained cheeks and watery eyes. "The thing is, I confessed my feelings to him..."

So that was it. Taroutachi gnawed onto his bottom lip, hard. Of course it was because of that, he should have known.

Saniwa had been having one-sided feelings for Jiroutachi all the while, although Jiroutachi made it obvious that he only saw her as a friend. This by itself already had a great impact on Taroutachi, mainly because of his conflicted feelings. On one hand, he was hurt because the one he liked had eyes for his brother and on the other, he felt terrible for Saniwa.

"He rejected me, of course," Saniwa forced a laugh. "Said he doesn't see me that way and hoped that we still could remain as friends."

"What did you say?" Taorutachi asked, his nerves tensing as the seconds went by.

"Of course I said okay, I even tried to put up a brave front by smiling," Saniwa explained, her expression turning crestfallen. "I thought I would be alright but earlier, just before you came, I couldn't hold my emotions in anymore."

She really does like Jiroutachi, Taroutachi thought bitterly. Having the person you love wholeheartedly to have feelings for someone else who happens to be your brother, this left a huge hole in Taroutachi's heart.

"You really do love him, don't you?" Taroutachi remarked, pursing his lips into a thin line.

Saniwa sniffed, nodding her head once. "I do but it doesn't matter now, the feeling isn't mutual."

"Then, can it be me?"

Taroutachi's question left Saniwa stunned. She stared up at Taroutachi, her eyes widening slowly as the time went by. Initially, she had thought Taroutachi was joking but his face told her otherwise--he wasn't.

Baffled, Saniwa parted her lips to utter some words of astonishment. "W-what?"

"Can it be me? Can I be the one that you love instead?" Taroutachi mustered the courage to raise his question. He looked deep into Saniwa's eyes, expressing his full out sincerity of his feelings towards her.

"Tarou..." Saniwa's eyes softened.

"I love you," Taorutachi continued. "I felt that way ever since we started to become close friends, along with Jiroutachi."

"What do you like about me?" Firmly, Saniwa queried. After all, she did not want to throw his feelings away carelessly, she wanted to answer to them seriously.

Taroutachi smiled upon having a good memory come back to mind. He took a deep breath before speaking his mind.

"Remember back when I first arrived, you were with Jiroutachi to welcome me to this citadel. Back then, I was amazed how beautiful and youthful my new master actually looked," He let out a low laugh. "Back then, I was always insecure about my large size. I kept saying that I was a sword that cannot be used by anyone, that I should not exist in this world. You, however, were the one who proved my thinking wrong."

Saniwa could not refrain from interrupting Taroutachi. "I still believe that Taroutachi is meant to exist. I am grateful that you finally stopped brooding over your height and body size."

"Thank you," Taroutachi nodded. "It was because you gave me confidence, I began to think that I could be of use. When you appointed me as captain on my first mission, I was overjoyed. You don't know just how much it meant to me. Later, you even invited me for a drink, along with Jiroutachi. As we got even closer to each other, I was touched by how you accepted me for who I was. I soon developed feelings for you afterwards."

She could not hold it in again. Saniwa's eyes started to brim with tears again upon hearing Taroutachi's words. To think that Taroutachi actually loved her for who she was, that itself made Saniwa feel special.

Clearing her throat, Saniwa smiled. "I was about to reject you but somehow, your feelings have reached me. Thank you, Tarou."

"You finally smiled." Taroutachi commented, the pit of his stomach filling up upon seeing the smile of Saniwa's face.

Grabbing onto one of Taroutachi's arms, Saniwa leaned onto it and snickered cheekily. "I will pay more attention to you now, then I will decide whether I feel the same towards you. For now, spend the night with me, won't you? I want to hear more compliments about myself from you."

a/n: i remember back then i mixed jiroutachi and taroutachi up so bad lmao, i confused them for being each other and kept thinking jirou was tarou fml  ㅠㅠ

for those who are wondering, i got him with 550/660/660/550 with ichigo hitofuri as leader, no ofuda :)

*for requests, message me or leave a comment on the part titled 'contents', ty!*