uguisumaru x reader

"Man, this is the worst." Saniwa shook her head in disgust at the paperwork piled right on her tableside.

Her eyes shifted towards her right as she raised an eyebrow in an unimpressed fashion. "And may I know what you are doing here?" She yawned, blinking lazily at the male.

Uguisumaru's eyes were closed as he took a sip of his green tea. Releasing a contented gasp of breath, the sword batted his eyelids open slowly. "I like the ambiance in Master's room, it's perfect for drinking tea."

Saniwa's eyebrow arched higher than before. She exhaled deeply, cracking her knuckles in distress as she sank down onto her chair.

She did not mind Uguisumaru's company at all but what she did not understand was why he always chose go spend his time in her room. Uguisumaru was one of the older swords in the citadel and she would have expected him to watch over the younger swords as they play around on the fields, like an old man would, rather than actually watching her do her personal paperwork.

"I see." She ended the conversation off shortly, feeling depressed the moment her eyes landed on the stack of papers for her completion.

Spinning around in her chair, Saniwa groused,"I really want to die right now, there's no point in living anymore. I won't be able to accomplish all these perfectly by today anyway."

"Master is still young, you should treasure your life. No one is born perfect so it's alright to not complete your tasks with zero mistakes." Uguisumaru spoke sternly as he poured himself another cup of tea by the small coffee table Saniwa had in her room.

"Are you going to give me a lecture now?" Saniwa glanced over at Uguisumaru to get a glimpse of his expression. To her horror, it was stiff and serious, a new sight of Uguisumaru which she had never encountered before.

Uguisumaru looked up from the steaming cup of tea he had poured for himself, his matcha green eyes meeting Saniwa's. Saniwa froze, worried if she had actually offended the sword in any way.

She was well aware of Uguisumaru's past and his reasons for treasuring or appreciating the little things that he has got. Having been the sage of the citadel for a little over a year, she managed to learn of the past of every sword she had obtained through her studies as Saniwa. This was in order for her to feel much more connected and empathetic towards her own swords.

In Uguisumaru's case, he wasn't born perfect and neither was he well taken care of as a sword. From her contextual knowledge, she knew that while being forged, Uguisumaru's smither did not fold the metal properly which caused air to get trapped inside the metal. This resulted to Uguisumaru's body being full of blisters.

In addition to that, Uguisumaru's masters all passed on from an illness at a young age. She knew that he wanted her to treasure her life more, such that she would not have any regrets when her time has come.

Hanging her head down in shame, Saniwa muttered a word of apology,"Sorry."

"What are you apologising for?" The earlier coldness in Uguisumaru's eyes faded as his orbs softened.

"For saying such things so easily and carelessly, that was immature of me." Saniwa felt horrible, she felt like a kid who got scolded by his parents for being too reckless for his own good.

She tried to avoid eye contact with Uguisumaru at all costs, looking off towards her left as she admitted to her mistakes. "Also, it was insensitive of me to say that to you. I know that you are just giving me advice for my own good."

Following her words, she heard Uguisumaru let out a hearty laugh. As he drank in another sip of tea, he smiled over at Saniwa kindly.

"I am at the very least glad that you actually owned up to your mistake," Uguisumaru's lips curved further up in satisfaction. "Please treasure your life well, Master. After all, I wouldn't want to lose you."

"Hey, pour me a cup too." Attempting to change the subject, Saniwa got off her seat and made her way towards the coffee table where Uguisumaru was at.

Taking a sip of the tea, Saniwa let out a satisfied breath. "The bitterness really kicks in, this feels kind of refreshing."

"I am glad that Master appreciates tea despite her young age," Uguisumaru hummed in pleasure as he refilled his cup with a fresh serving of the green tea. "I added twice the amount of tea leaves today, by the way."

Saniwa coughed in astonishment. "No wonder it's so bitter."

Uguisumaru didn't respond to Saniwa's comment, instead he took in the aroma from his cup and took a huge gulp. The orbs of his eyes, of the same colour as the tea, were fixated onto the tea as he adjusted the cup around to find the suitable spot to take another sip.

Saniwa leaned onto the table, her eyes glued onto Uguisumaru as she watched his each and every move. Silence engulfed the atmosphere between them momentarily before Uguisumaru decided to break it.

"Master, is there something wrong?" He lifted his eyes off his cup to meet Saniwa's.

Flashing him a sheepish smile, Saniwa straightened her back lazily. "I was just thinking that you look rather cool, I'd ask someone like you out if I had the chance."

"Ah, why don't you ask me out then?" Uguisumaru joked, his eyes narrowing in on Saniwa slightly.

"Don't we have a huge generation gap?" Saniwa raised an eyebrow skeptically.

"You can try," Uguisumaru looked away and returned his focus back to his drink. "When you grow older, Master."

"Uguisumaru is so cool after all," Saniwa snickered. "Gosh, I'm going to start falling for an oldie like you at this rate."

a/n: i wrote this chapter around 2 months ago but never got to publish it so here it is now. uguisumaru holds a special place in my heart as he's the first sword of special rarity to come home to me, i still remember the joy i felt when i saw my first 3:20 timer ♡ quite a short chapter but i hope it's a sweet one for you guys :)

i dont really remember what recipe i used but it is probably 950/950/950/950 with yamanbagiri as leader ^^

*for requests, message me or leave a comment on the part titled 'contents', ty!*