yamanbagiri kunihiro x reader

"Manba-chan!"

Yamanbagiri cluck his tongue under his breath upon hearing that cheerful voice which unfortunately belonged to his current master. He didn't hate her as a person or anything but he loathed the nickname she had given him.

"Manba-chan, lend me your back. I heard from Shinano that it's really warm." Curling her lips into a cat-like smile, she stretched her arms out in attempt to embrace the male.

Thanks to his quick reflexes, Yamanbagiri managed to dodge it although this caused his master to flop onto the hard wooden ground of the citadel. Saniwa let out a soft groan as she massaged the back of her head and got onto both her feet.

Pouting, Saniwa reached out for Yamanbagiri again, this time succeeding as she got hold on the hood of his white coat. She pulled it down promptly, revealing the pretty face which Yamanbagiri always wanted to cover up.

His bold, blonde hair and long bangs complemented his mesmerizing teal orbs perfectly. Although his expressions were usually stoic, he still was a beautiful sword despite always claiming to be a fake or copy.

"Don't be such a spoilt sport, Manba-chan. Lend me some of your warmth!" Saniwa got a grip on his collar and pulled him towards her before she threw her arms around his waist tightly.

Her hold was tight and Yamanbagiri knew she wasn't going to let go no matter what. Still, he tried to force his way out of her arms as he wriggled in place continuously. However, Saniwa did not move an inch.

"Hey, get off. Get away!" Yamanbagiri protested in annoyance, using his lean arms to push her away.

"But you're so warm and comfy, just like Shinano said..." Snuggling her head into his chest, Saniwa mumbled a few words which were barely coherent.

After a few seconds, the girl had already been knocked out unconscious though her hold on Yamanbagiri still remained firm. The sword sighed as he mentally cursed Shinano Toushirou for telling such information to the Saniwa.

He observed the female quietly as she squirmed in her place, purring softly like a cat from time to time as she buried her head deeper into Yamanbagiri's chest. His face flushed slightly at the sight of her peaceful expression from the comfort of sleeping in his arms.

Till this day, Yamanbagiri did not know why Saniwa had chosen him to be her starter sword, as well as why she continued using him in front lines although she had gotten much newer and stronger swords. She would bother him everyday whenever he wasn't out for battle and hang out with him till sunset, sometimes even having one-sided conversations with him as he wasn't one to talk much. He just couldn't understand what went through Saniwa's mind everyday.

Unconsciously, Yamanbagiri's hand rose to brush his hand through Saniwa's beautiful locks. He watched silently as he felt her soft breathing against his chest and her arms resting gently around his waist.

He shook his head such that he could shake off the thoughts he was starting to have of himself and Saniwa. However the fact that their relationship was just sword and master held him back.

Letting out a distressed sigh, Yamanbagiri backed himself against a wall for support. Saniwa's closeness to him brought another blush to his cheeks and the lad pulled the hood of his coat down to cover up his face further in case someone else saw it.

The cool weather and the warmth from Saniwa made even Yamanbagiri sleepy and soon, he dozed off as well, with a hand still entangled in Saniwa's hair.

-

Yamanbagiri felt something poking at his cheek, followed by a soft whisper right next to his ear which gave him chills down his spine.

"Manba-chan." A voice cooed as a warm breath tickled his earlobe.

Forcing his eyelids open, Yamanbagiri was woken to the sight of Saniwa's majestic eyes. She smiled curtly at the sword and inched her face closer to his, her eyes never breaking eye contact with his.

"Manba-chan really is beautiful." She giggled softly, brushing his bangs away from his face and resting her palm against his cheek.

"I'm just a fake, there's nothing special or nice about me." Yamanbagiri felt the heat rising up to his face rapidly as he removed Saniwa's hand off him forcefully due to embarrassment.

Saniwa frowned disapprovingly. "Don't say that."

"Shut up, Master." Grunting quietly under his breath, Yamanbagiri looked sideways to break the gaze he shared with Saniwa earlier.

He felt her shifting forward before her cold hands cupped his face and forced him to face her. Her tone was serious as she told him,"Look at me."

It was rare for the usually easy-going Saniwa to be so stern in her tone. Yamanbagiri obeyed her order obediently, startled by the tone she had adapted.

"You're not just a copy, you're my sword. Don't you dare tell me that any of my swords are not special, I will get mad. I did not start off in this citadel with you for nothing." She reprimanded the blonde, her eyebrows meeting in disapproval.

Yamanbagiri adverted his gaze away from her, unable to look her headstrong in the eye. "Master, stop forcing compliments onto me."

"And you stop putting yourself down every single time," Saniwa continued, her expression turning grim,"I love everything about you. You as a whole entire being, I love you."

The sword shot her a look, it was obvious he was feeling dubious about what she said. Everything, she loved everything about him? For someone like him, it sounded like utter nonsense.

Saniwa let out an awkward laugh, her eyes wavering uncertainly as she removed her hands from Yamanbagiri's face uneasily. "Maybe your foul personality is a little unsettling to me..." She chuckled nervously.

Following her words, Saniwa leaned in and placed a light peck on Yamanbagiri's left cheek. "But I still love you, don't fret, Manba-chan."

"I told you not to call me that!" Yamanbagiri retorted as he whipped his head away, covering his face with the hood of his cape again.

In truth, he did that just to conceal the blush which crept onto his face. He did not want to admit it but her words did make an impact on him and they did make him feel better about himself. The fact that Saniwa confessed that she loved him so suddenly, it made him feel even more panicked.

Saniwa grinned cheekily at his reaction and got up onto her feet, stretching her arms out before hoisting her hands onto her hips. "Anyway, I was informed earlier that dinner will be served soon. Let's go now, everyone's waiting for us."

"Fine." Yamanbagiri mumbled, though he was already frozen in place from the kiss he had just received from the person he respected and adored the most.

a/n: manba-chan is definitely one of my favorite swords (top 3), he's too beautiful (esp his eyes) and has such a cute personality esp when he's drunk lmao, what a dork also fun fact, yamanbagiri kunihiro was indeed my starter sword :")

*for requests, message me or leave a comment on the part titled 'contents', ty!*