gokotai x reader

"Gokotai again? The master sure is scary..." Souza Samonji gave his brothers a frown upon hearing the newly announced dispatch orders.

"Didn't Gokotai get dispatched just thirty minutes ago? He's still fatigue from his battle earlier." Atsushi Toushirou tugged onto Midare Toushirou's sleeve as he expressed his worry for his brother.

"These are Master's orders. Ichigo Hitofuri, please inform Gokotai to get ready in ten minutes." The current secretary, Tonbokiri announced before heading back to Saniwa's office.

Ichigo nodded. "Understood."

"Ichi-nii, will Gokotai be alright?" Hirano Toushirou held onto the hem of Ichigo's sweater as he followed him to the Awataguchi school's room.

"I trust Master's decisions. For now, let's check up on Gokotai, alright?" Ichigo assured the smaller sword as he entered the newly renovated room for the swords from the Awataguchi school.

Buried under his futon was Gokotai, sleeping soundly in his battle gear. His five tigers were cuddled close to him as well as they slept next to the tantou in bliss.

Gokotai's pale skin looked rather sickly and there was redness under his eyes, indicating how exhausted he was. Ichigo was concerned for Gokotai, just like the rest of the swords, however he still took the responsibility to follow his orders as he neared Gokotai slowly.

Shaking the sword awake gently, Ichigo whispered,"Gokotai, wake up. You are being dispatched again."

Gokotai rubbed his tired eyes open, yawning softly before trying to prop himself off the futon. This awoke the tigers by his side too as they rolled over their bellies and got onto their paws.

"O-o-okay..." Mumbling, Gokotai attempted to get onto his feet.

"Are you alright?" Hirano tried to support Gokotai by pulling his weight off the ground.

"Yes." Placing his hat over his head, Gokotai forced a smile.

Hirano's eyebrows met. "You look really tired, Gokotai. You aren't okay."

"I'm okay, it's Master's orders, I will follow them." Gokotai muttered under his breath as he stumbled out of the room.

"Ichi-nii, is it really fine to let him go?" Hirano was still unconvinced that Gokotai was in the right condition to be sent out onto the battlefield.

Ichigo remained silent. Instead, he patted Hirano's head and flashed him a smile before leaving the room, right behind Gokotai.

Gokotai on the other hand was pacing himself down the corridors, towards the assembly area. The rest of the swords who were being dispatched along with Gokotai were already gathered and were chatting among themselves as they waited for Gokotai to arrive.

Ishikirimaru was the first to notice Gokotai as he walked towards the tantou, his eyes reflecting worry, similar to the others'. "Hey, are you really okay being dispatched again? You are assigned as captain again as well."

"I'm fine as long as it's Master's orders." Gokotai reassured the worried swords who were hovering over him in worry.

Gokotai was the only tantou on the dispatched team and he was the captain as well. The others were all larger swords, namely Ishikirimaru, Iwatooshi, Otegine, Kasen Kanesada and Akashi Kuniyuki. To put it simply, Gokotai was placed down with the burden to lead swords that were much larger than he was.

"Gokotai, Master has ordered you to report to her office. Yagen Toushirou will take your place." Tonbokiri interrupted the conversation with another set of instructions.