Chapter 26: Tommorrow

Herobrine's POV

I back up when I see his appearance changing.

"Woah, Three." I say. "Let’s calm down, ok?" He laughs.

"You did this to yourself." He chuckles. "Should have left your little Mojang buddy alone."

"I've told you, I'm not a Mojang member!" I snap. He rolls his eyes.

"A friend of Mojang is an enemy to me." He growls. "I think we've done enough talking." He slices with the sword in his hand. I dodge it, teleporting behind him. I grab the blade from his hand and grab him and throw him into the wall. I let my sword disappear.

"Come on." I say. "Don't make me do this." He glares up at me, then is quickly on his feet and runs at me. As he runs, I side-step and kick him just below the knees. He manages to avoid falling on his face by curling into a ball and rolling. He turns toward me and punches me several times in the chest. I push him off of me, kicking him in the stomach, sending him flying out of the cave. Oops, used more force than I meant to.

I follow him out of the cave. The second he sees me, he goes flying into the air, above the clouds. I watch in confusion, then I see him coming back down, straight at me. My eyes widen as I jump out of the way just before he lands. A crater forms around him, and I shudder at the thought of what would have happened if he hit me.

He summons his sword, so I summon my own. He runs at me and I block his attack. As I'm blocking his attacks, he catches me off guard by kicking me in the stomach and sending me onto my back. He stabs his blade into my shoulder, a smile on his face.

I place my feet on his stomach, kicking him off me. I jump back to my feet and run at him. I slice him up a good bit before stabbing my blade into his shoulder and kicking him to the ground. I pull my sword out of his shoulder, pointing it at his throat. When he doesn't teleport, I know I've won.

"Just kill me already." He growls. "Or are you just gonna stand there?" I sigh, then lift up my mask. The second he sees my face, his eyes widen.

"I told you, I'm not a Mojang member." I chuckle. I let my sword disappear, then offer him a hand up. He takes it, seemingly speechless. He throws his arms around me.

"I haven't seen you in eight years, nine months, three weeks, five days, ten hours, twenty minutes, and fifty-nine seconds!" He exclaims. "I thought Notch removed you!"

"He did." I laugh. "I managed to escape."

"Brian, you are one tough guy to get rid of." He laughs. "Notch will be so shocked when he sees you're back!"

"I don't plan for him to find out." I say. "Not until the attack on Mojang."

"Speaking of..." He chuckles. "Whenever you're ready."

"What?" I ask.

"You just beat me." He says. "You're the first person besides Notch or Jeb to ever do that!"

"Name the time." He laughs. "We'll attack Mojang on your command." I smile.

"Get ready." I order. "The attack is tomorrow."

(Time skip)

I switched back into my old clothes not long after my fight with Three. I'm still not used to the red eyes and black skin.

"Why is did your appearance change?" I ask.

"This is my real appearance." He answers. "I had a friend making me potions that keep my appearance disguised. I tend to scare people. The effects faded."

"You sure scared me when you changed." I admit. "Your teeth didn't change, though."

"I know." He says, a frown on his face. "Smoking has its disadvantages.:

"Budder teeth." I chuckle. Brine told me the word "budder" some time ago. It apparently drives Three crazy of you call his teeth budder. He glares at me and summons a sword.

"What was that?!" He demands.

"Nothing!" I exclaim quickly.

I'll get used to it, I got used to calling him "Three" instead of "James."

Three's telling the others about how the attack is tomorrow. I'll be leading the attack, which should cause a bit of shock for Mojang. A bit of confusion should be good for us, give us a bit of an advantage.

I'm getting everything I need now, in case my powers are cancelled out again. After what happened with Steve, I'm not taking any risks.

"Yo, Hero!" A voice says from outside 
my room. It's Brine. I open the door, letting him in.

"Hey, Brine." I say. "Hungry?" I summon a diamond and toss it to him. He catches it and it's gone in only a second.

"Thanks." He chuckles. "So you're leading the attack tomorrow, huh?"

"Yep." I say, looking at my sword and considering if I should enchant it.

"Freaking finally!" He exclaims. "Now Notch won't be able to hurt anyone anymore!"

"I assume you were pretty close to whoever he killed." I say.

"All of us were." He agrees. "We've all been wanting this for a long time."

"Why didn't you before?" I ask.

"We were about to." He explains. "Then Three learned about you and your sis. Wanted to see if you'd be willing to help."

"Why didn't he ask sooner than he did?" I ask.

"He waits for the right time to ask." He answers. "Don't want you making the decision out of anger or heartbreak."

"Makes sense." I chuckle. "So who did you lose, if you don't mind me asking?" He tenses, then shakes his head.

"I don't want to talk about it."He mumbles.

"Maybe you'll tell me eventually." I shrug. "Anyway, you ready for the attack tomorrow."

"Yeah." He says. "Lick’s takin' care of Jeb right now, that way our powers should work."

"Jeb can cancel powers?" I ask. Had he said Steve, I wouldn't be shocked. As it is...

"Everyone's got a talent." He laughs. "Something only they can do. Jeb can cancel out powers, for example."

"What’s yours?" I ask.

"I don't know yet." He answers.

"Liar!" I exclaim, causing him to jump a bit. I don't know how, but I just know he's lying, and I just reacted. I called him out on it without thinking.

"I'm not lying." He protests.

"Yes you are." I sigh. "If you don't wanna tell me, just say so. Don't lie!"

"It freaks people out." He mumbles.

"There. You could've just said that." I sigh.

"How did you know I was lying?" He asks. "No one else can ever tell."

"I don't know." I admit. I notice him giving me a wide, sharp-toothed grin.

"What?" I ask.

"I think we found your talent." He chuckles.