Chapter 28: Attack

WildOne456's POV

I hear the footsteps of the group head through the door. As they pass, I feel something is slipped into my pocket. As I head inside, I look to see a beanie. I smile, I love these things.

I smile happily at this before rushing off to the kitchen, where I know it's bound for be an accident to happen. There’s a couple people in there, but that's it. I smile, I've hacked in some alcohol earlier into the kitchen that is in disguise of water, and I spill it all over the floor on "accident" and pull the alarm, knowing it can catch fire from the furnaces. Everyone runs from the building except for some people who are looking to put out the fire.

I slip and struggle to get up just as the fire starts. I barely make it out of the substance before it does this, but it also means that I'm trapped in my own distraction. I silently hope for either Notch or one of the group to come. Either one will help a lot, even with my betrayal against Mojang.

Through the chaos, someone grabs me from behind, then teleports with me outside. I yelp and look behind me, half-expecting to find that I'm in some kind of trouble.

"Watch yourself, that was almost bad." Brineary says, then disappears.

Herobrine's POV

"I'm gonna stay behind." Brine says. "Make sure no Mojang workers cause trouble." I nod.

"Be careful." I say. He nods and disappears.

"Come on, let's go." I order. The others nod and we start running up the steps.

"Mojang HQ was thirty-five floors high when I was fired." Three says as we run. "And it would have only grown since then. Notch has a thing for heights, his office would be on the top floor."

"That will mean we must fight our way to the top." Lick responds.

"Unfortunately, yes." Three confirms. Null says something in sign language, which Three translates once again.

"They're Mojang workers, they shouldn't be too bad."

"Don't underestimate them." I remind them. "Three was once a Mojang worker, and he's pretty tough." Null nods.

Lick steps on a tripwire, the ground falling from beneath him. He yelps as he falls. I move to grab him, but Three pulls me back, so I can only watch as he falls into darkness.

"Lick, are you ok?!" I call.

"I am fine." I hear him shout. "I will not be escaping here for some time, however. Leave me behind!"

"He'll be fine." Three says. "We need to go."

"We can't leave him!" I protest. Null taps my shoulder, getting my attention. He taps his own chest, then points to the hole. Afterward, he jumps in after Lick.

"He'll get him out." Three assures. "They'll catch up. For now, we gotta go. And let's watch out for any more traps." I nod and we continue.

An arrow narrowly misses me, causing us to pause our running. We both draw our swords, looking to where the arrow came from. Standing there is Steve, who switches from his bow to his sword.

"He's mine." Three instantly growls. "Go ahead, I'm gonna take my time with killing him."

"I'm gonna help you!" I exclaim. He shakes his head.

"I'll be fine." He assures me. "Just go." I shake my head.

"I lost two of my family already." I protest. "I'm not gonna let Mojang take another from me!" He stares at me for a second, then smiles and pushes me forward.

"I'll see you later, that's a promise." He assures me, and I nod.

"I'm gonna hold you to that." I say. He nods, chuckling. I run ahead.

"Hey, James." I hear Steve chuckle. "How's the family? Oh that's right, they're dead." The sound of fighting fades out as I continue to run.

On the way, I run into several Mojang workers spot me and attack. I kill anyone who gets in my way without a second's thought, not that very many people are dumb enough to get in my way. I don't really even look at them, if it was a friend, they would know to just let me past. We came here for a reason, I'm gonna do it. Eventually, I manage to reach the top floor, Notch’s office. I open the door, seeing Notch standing there. He has his sword out and is wearing full diamond armor, his eyes widen when he sees me.

Notch’s POV

I heard the alarms, and I knew immediately it wasn't a coincidence. I've known that someone is sneaking out information for a long time, I just didn't know who it was. That same person is trying to clear out Mojang HQ.

I grab my sword, checking the enchantments on it. I sigh, shaking my head. I open my chest, pulling out my armor. Just as I'm putting my helmet on, the door to my office opens. I face whoever opened the door, and I'm hit with horror when I see Brian.

He has blood splattered all over him, his sword is dripping with the stuff. His eyes are flaring white.

"Hello, Notch." He says. "Miss me?"