Chapter 32: meet Alex

(A/n: art belongs to Dark_Gamer25!)

Herobrine's POV

I'm walking through the woods, still trying to calm down about these "creepers" being added. If it had been up to me, Sasha would've been killed. I'll just have to settle with her being in the real world.

Speaking of, I haven't been there in about a year. Well, a year in Minecraft time. Three told me about the difference in time. Anyway, I kinda want to visit there again soon. Maybe say hi to (M/n), see how she's doing after that incident. I smile at the idea.

As I walk, I hear the sound of footsteps. I stop and hide, looking to see who it is. It's Steve, he's wearing full enchanted diamond armor. He's walking through the woods, talking to a girl with orange hair, green eyes, and tan skin. She wears wears a green T-shirt, brown pants, and gray boots. I think I know her. Alexandra?

"You're not gonna hurt anyone, right?" She asks.

"Don't worry, Alex." Steve responds. "I'm just making sure no one does get hurt." Alex, so I was right.

"But it must be dangerous." She protests. "You've been preparing for years! What if you get hurt?!"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." He laughs. "Dad gave me this armor himself! And even if I do get hurt, I'll just respawn right in my house." She nods and hugs him. He blushes a bit, then hugs back. I smile. Cute, very cute.

"Ok, I'll see you when you get back." Alex says. "I'll have some cookies baked for you, ok?"

"Yum." Steve chuckles. "You take care until I get back, ok? You remember where the hidden weapons are if something happens, right? And you remember how to use them?" She nods excitedly.

"Yep!" She nods. "Don't worry Steve, I can defend myself!" He nods.

"Ok, then I'm gonna go." He says. "If you need anything, pull up chat, ok?" She nods.

"Ok, Steve!" She exclaims. "See you!" Then Steve heads off.

Cute. For all his tough talk, Steve's got a soft spot. That makes me hate him a little less.

Once Steve's gone, I follow Alex. I'm curious about her. A couple times, she stops to glance behind her, but I turn invisible. She heads to what I assume is her house. She heads in and I watch through the window. She goes up to a chest, humming a tune, and my heart skips a beat. Sam used to hum that tune all the time... Notch must have taught it to Alex. It makes sense, I guess.

She pulls a pickaxe out of the chest, then heads back out. I continue to follow her, now mostly drawn by the familiar tune.

As she walks, she stops a few times, usually when she finds an animal. She'll stop to lean down and pet it, and they never seem to flinch away from her. In fact, they seem to go up to her if anything. Even a mother wolf let her pet a wolf pup! This girl must be really sweet to these animals.

When she reaches her destination, I recognize the cave. It's the exact cave that Steve chased me out of, followed by his dog. She stops just outside the cave, then whistles loudly. A strange bird creature flies down from a nearby tree. It's an icy blue color, with a slim body. It lands on Alex's shoulder, and she pets it.

"Hey, Frosty." Alex giggles. "Good to see you. I'm about to go mining, wanna come with?" There’s silence. "No, Steve's not coming with." Silence. "Not Notch either. Don't worry, I won't let them find you. I don't want them to remove you." Silence. "No, I don't care that you're a glitch. I told you." Silence, then Alex giggles. "Alright, come on! Maybe we can find some diamonds for Steve before he gets back!" She pets it, then goes in. I follow.

As she mines, she continues to hum. As I watch her, I don't even realize I've began to hum with it. She stops and looks in my direction, I hardly have time to hide.

"Did you hear that, Frosty?" Alex asks. There’s silence for a second, then I hear her sigh. "I know you're there, you can come out. I don't bite." I stay where I am, knowing how creepy it is to stalk her like this. I don't need my friends hearing that I'm a stalker, I'd never hear the end of it.

I hear her footsteps and quickly turn invisible. She turns the corner, then shrugs.

"Maybe it was my echo." She says. "They it sounds weird in caves." She goes back to mining.

After about five minutes, when she's near a ledge with lava at the bottom, a creeper begins to sneak up on her. I don't have time to react before...

Hissss...

Bang!

And she goes flying over the edge. I think fast, summoning a potion of fire resistance, splashing myself, then teleport below her. I catch her before she can hit the lava, then glance up to where she fell from. Above us, Frosty's flying around like they're having a panic attack. I can feel Alex staring at me.

"Steve?" She asks. "I thought you were gone." Right, she doesn't see my eyes. I look down at her and her eyes widen.

"I'm not Steve." I say. "Sorry to disappoint." I teleport with her back to where she was before.

"You're Herobrine!" She exclaims. "Notch told me you were bad, yet you saved me!"

"You were too cute to let die." I chuckle. She giggles, looking down at the ground.

"T-thanks." She giggles.

"No problem. Alex, right?" She looks up at me, nodding.

"Yeah!" She exclaims. "It's nice to meet you!" She puts her hand out and I shake it.

"You, too." I respond. Ok, this girl is absolutely freaking adorable!

I notice Frosty land on Alex's shoulder, they seem nervous.

"This is Frosty." Alex introduces.

"I've never seen a bird like this." I say. "Only chickens."

"She's a parrot." Alex responds. "She's... a glitch. It's why I haven't shown her to anyone. Y-you won't tell Notch, will you?! You don't have problems with glitches, right?!" I stare at her, then smile.

"I'm a glitch myself." I chuckle. "I won't say a thing." She smiles and throws her arms around me.

"You're the best!" She exclaims. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome." I respond. I glance at Frosty. "Take good care of her." She nods, then snuggles close to Alex. I'm about to leave, when chat catches my attention.

Server: teleported Lick to Herobrine.

"Herobrine, I must ask your help." Lick says quickly. "Steven is-" He cuts off when he sees Alex.

"What’s wrong with Steve?!" Alex demands. Lick hesitates, as if considering how to answer.

"Steven is in the end." He answers.