Chapter 58: All sides

Herobrine's POV

I let myself relax as I walk through a plains biome. Null wanted to spend some time with Daedra, so I'm just taking the time to enjoy myself.

I walk past several animals, smiling as I watch them. I especially enjoy watching a wolf pass by with its pup close behind.

I continue walking when I see some Mojang workers run by. I turn invisible, watching them chase something small and green. I teleport to them, seeing that it's a tiny creeper. I frown. It's one of the things that started everything I went through, but... it's so small, small enough to fit in my hand. It must be a baby, and it's being chased. I frown, knowing I didn't have much of a choice.

The workers fall to the ground as I turn visible. The creature stops as the footsteps are no longer sounding out. It looks back at me, its eyes wide. I kneel down, extending my hand. It shakes a bit, hissing at me.

Sssss! It hisses.

"It's ok..." I promise. "I'm not a bad person, I won't hurt you." It hesitates, but slowly approaches.

"Get away from him!" A female voice snaps, causing me to jump. I look, seeing a larger creeper, not quite full sized, but not nearly as small as the one I just saved.

"It's ok." I assure. "he was being chased by Mojang workers, I saved him." The tiny one jumps onto my and and I pet it, and the large one tilts her head.

"Aren't you Herobrine?" She asks. "You hate Creepers."

"One killed my sister." I admit. "But he's clearly young, and therefore can't be that bad."

"You shouldn't blame all of us for what one of us did." She sighs, shaking her head. "That's like saying all players are griefers." I frown.

"I guess you have a point." I admit, then set the baby next to her feet. "What's your names?"

"I'm Carley." She answers. "This is my little brother, Robert."

"Well, you two should head home." I chuckle. "Before your parents start to worry. And you won't have to worry about me hating you guys, ok? I'll judge the individual, not the whole." She smiles, well... the corners of her mouth turn up, I guess Creepers are stuck with the frown.

"Thank you, lord Herobrine." She says, relief in her tone. I nod, smiling. She picks up Robert by the back of his neck with her mouth- much like a wolf or ocelot would do- then goes into the woods.

(Time skip)

"You chose to rescue it?" Lick asked. "I must admit, you continue to impress me, even now."

"Come on, it was a baby." I chuckle. "What, was I supposed to let him die?"

"Absolutely not!" He exclaims. "I am simply pleased by your display of kindness." I smile widely.

"Well, you can't judge the group because of one individual." I shrug.

"That is correct." He agrees with a nod. "And a valuable piece of knowledge. However, you must also know that sometimes you should not judge an individual on his or her poor decision." I frown.

"You mean Notch?" I ask. "Or Steve?"

"Yes." He answers. "I mean them, and many others. When angry, frightened, or hurt, an individual may make poor decisions."

"I know." I sigh. "It doesn't make it right."

"Of course not." He agrees. "However, if you are patient, they may surprise you."

"Not everyone's as patient as you." I remind him.

"No." He chuckles. "That does not mean they cannot learn to be."

"I guess." I shrug. "But I'm not gonna just forgive people for some of the things they do, even if they had good intentions."

"That would be expecting too much." He sighs. "I simply wish go you to consider that you have yet to see all sides of any person. For example..." he trails off. I wait for his response before finally speaking up.

"What?" I ask. He holds up a finger, telling me to wait. After about ten seconds, an arrow flies from the forest at me. Lick moves his arm in the way, getting hit instead. My heart freezes, meanwhile Lick doesn't even so much as flinch.

Green Steve drops from the top of a nearby tree, right next to Lick. I summon a sword, but Lick holds up a hand, mentioning for me to not attack. I hesitate, but lower my sword and back up. Green hardly even glances at me as he pulls out a healing potion. Lick tanks the arrow from his arm.

"Perhaps it would be good for you to improve your stealth." Lick says as Green carefully pours the potion over the wound. "I have been anticipating your attack since the ocean."

"That was five hundred blocks ago!" Green exclaims. "If I knew you were waiting for my attack, I'd have left! You should have told me!" He finishes applying the potion, then hugs Lick as if terrified he might disappear.

"Yes, but I could not risk another fight between you and Herobrine." Lick shrugs. At the mention of my name, Green lets go of Lick and glares at me. He pulls a sword from his inventory, but Lick steps between us.

"Come on, let him attack." I growl. "I dare him!"

"Not while I am here." Lick shakes his head. Green frowns, then puts his sword away.

"You're lucky Lick was here." He grumbles, stepping away, yet not turning his back. "Next time I see you, you're a dead man." He backs up to a low tree.

"That worked out well for you last time." I retort sarcastically. He bares his teeth in a snarl before glancing at Lick. He jumps onto the tree branch, then hurries away.

"He was pretty worried..." I note once he's gone.

"You have yet to see all sides of any person." He repeats with a chuckle. "He is vengeful and violent, yet his loyalty to his friends never wavers."

(A/n: hey guys, no promise on quality chapters for the time being. Things at home have been stressful and it's hard to focus on anything. I hope you understand. I'll still update but... no promise on quality.)