43- Bitter Memories Part 1

A/N : Dedicated To Everyone Reading This.

EDITED BY @queenLysh 

#######

The emperor staggered backwards once his muddled brain cleared. The terrible state Jiang was in made his heart shiver and he couldn't believe he had let his past control him. His hate for that enchantress was so much that he even saw him in Jiang just because he came from General Lei manor.

That enchantress had caused him so much pain in the past to the extent that he had hurt the one person he had made up his mind to always protect, he might not have said it out loud but he had silently done so in his heart.

The emperor took two steps towards Jiang, he wanted to embrace him and soothe his pain but upon Jiang hearing his boots approach him he curled up even more. His body and clothes were drenched in his own blood, from his head to his toes, nothing could be seen but his own blood. He didn't scream or cry anymore but the unbearable pain made him whimper.

"Lu Han, take him and get a doctor!" the emperor let out a shaky breath, he wanted to sound indifferent and unaffected but seeing Jiang like this, there was no way he could keep on that facade.

Jiang felt like he was betrayed by Jun Tang, for the first time in his life he began to feel hate, hate towards the family that treated him and his mother badly, hate towards Jun Tang for not even given him a chance to explain himself after seeing his horrendous appearance but most especially he hated himself for not been able to obtain these peoples goodwill. These feelings felt familiar, like he had felt such hate before if not more, Jiang felt like the hate he was feeling now was once his constant  companion sometime in the past.

The bitter memories he had blocked out when he was three years old was now coming back to him, flashes of dark memories he kept hidden in the deepest part of his mind resurfaced in full force, Jiang remembered everything he had previously forgotten.

Jiang had always thought that he was born disfigured but that wasn't the case at all, he wasn't always this ugly, although he was indeed born a trash and couldn't cultivate but he was a really beautiful child and smart child, just like his mother before she had gotten poisoned.

During the time he wasn't so ugly, although both mother and child were not doted on by his father, they were to some extent being provided for, food and clothes were in abundance and the only thing they lacked was a good resting place. At that time his father had thought than even if he is useless, he could still be married off for a good price to a good family as there are still many noble families in Tang Qin Shang that will want to have such a beauty in their household as a pet if nothing else.

"Make sure nothing happens to that face of his because that's the only thing he is good for and remember that once he clocks fifteen this General will marry him off." General Lei had once said to his knelling mother, he had also been knelling down with her on the hard stony forest ground in front of their thatched hut, he could see unwillingness, bitterness and pain in his mother's eyes after his father had left them there never to return but he didn't understand then why she looked that way but now he does.

His mother had then said to him "I wish I wasn't so weak, I wish I could at least live long enough to protect you from them, I am sorry for been such a useless mother, for knowing fully well that they wish to sell you off but still been unable to do anything about it." No matter how smart Jiang was then, he couldn't understand his mother's words or her grief as he was just too young.

He was just three years old when his whole life was planned out for him. That period was the loneliest in Jiang life for he had no friends and was hidden from the world. His mother's health at the time seem to deteriorate a lot as a result she couldn't play with him as much he wanted her too.