1.6 Bitch in a Business World

"Who is this?" Piper asked.

"Hi Pipes. It's me Marcus" The voice on the other side of the door said.

"Oh" Piper was not very happy. She didn't like Marcus at all. He could change his feeling like flipping a book. A cheating b*stard

Piper unwillingly opened the door and saw Marcus together with Amanda.

Why does she gotta be here?

Piper gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Welcome in" Piper smiled. It was a fake smile but they didn't really notice.

"Thanks" They both walked in and Piper led them to the table.

"Coffee?" She asked even though she didn't want to waste her coffee on them at all.

"No thanks. Let's make this quick" Amanda said before Marcus could answer

"So do you need anything? Piper is happy to help" Piper made her own coffee and sat down. Marcus seemed kind of thirsty as he stared at the coffee.

Sorry but your fiancee already declined. This coffee is mine. MINE

Piper drank her coffee with a satisfied smile.

"Pipes, you know those engagement rings?" Marcus asked, taking away his mind from the coffee.

So that's why you're here

"Yes, what about them?" Piper was so done with this couple. They had to be so shameless all the time.

"You gave one to me, remember?" The engagement rings they talked about were two rings Piper Green had gotten from her grandmother. Piper Green's grandmother had told her to give one ring to the person she loved. Piper Green had asked Marcus to have those rings as their engagement rings. When Marcus broke the engagement, Piper had taken the ring back. They were worth a million dollars each and Piper was not willing to give them to Marcus.

"One of them is mine and I kind of need it right now" Marcus made an apologetic face.

"But those are Piper's" Piper tilted her head and pouted.

"Piper you gave one to me"

"Yeah, because we were engaged, but we aren't now so it's Piper's" 

"Piper, I really need it. Just think of the fact that we were once engaged, can't you help me out a bit?" Marcus was very unhappy. "Why can't she just give me it already?!"

"No" Piper declined without a second thought

"Piper, I know that you're very dissatisfied that I broke our engagement, but you can't be unreasonable like this" Marcus got even angrier. To him, the ring belonged to him. "I need to have that ring.". Marcus was not gonna let a million dollar ring to get out of his grasp that easily.

First of all, I am not unhappy that you broke our engagement. Second, who's the one being unreasonable here?

"Piper doesn't want to" Piper shook her head a lot, like a kid.

"Piper, I didn't love you. You should let go of your feelings for me. It will only hurt you and cloud your judgement." Marcus said, "Me and Amanda really need those rings for our engagement"

Pah! First you ask for one ring and now you ask for both?! Did you really think that I would give you something worth 2 million dollars? In your dreams

"But they are Piper's" Piper insisted again.

"Pipie, me and Marcus are in a dire situation. Please help us once" Amanda added. She was also very greedy for those million dollar rings.