The Pretty Actress and the Director 4.7

"What was it that made you want to become an actress?" Chris asked as he watched Piper eat. He had asked her out again for the 5th time so they had almost eaten dinner or lunch together every single day this week.

"Mm, that's an interesting question. Let me think" Piper was happy that Chris had treated her to food for the past week. It seemed like he took her words very seriously. She was also very relaxed with him because she could just act like her real self and not like the introverted Emma.

"I think I was about 6 in elementary school. There was a girl who bullied me because I was prettier or something. The school had organized a play about Cinderella or snow white. I don't really remember" Piper took another sip of her wine.

"Then..." Listening attentively he asked

"The bully was going to play the heroine. I was so mad at her so I decided to sign up for the villain roll so that I could beat her ass in the play. After that I just really liked to act. I could be another person and experience different scenarios" She chuckled.

"Oh. Did she stop bullying after that?"

"No. It got worse. She started calling me witch since I played the witch. But you know we were 6 so the bullying wasn't that bad. It was simply "Hmph, you can't come to my birthday party" and "No you can't play with us". I didn't really care either since I transferred schools after a month or so"

"Haha, okay" Chris laughed. He liked that she was honest with him. She acted different around him. With other people she would say two words and leave but with him she could talk forever. He must be a little special in her heart.

"You pay" Piper wiped her mouth

"Of course"

"What about you. What aspired you to become a director?" Piper asked with the intention of getting him to spill his secrets

"I liked acting as a kid. It was originally my dream to become an actor" Chris called for a waiter before continuing, "But my mom saw that as a useless dream. It didn't ensure success and it was a hard place to succeed"

"She was wrong. Look at me" Piper flipped her hair

Chris chuckled, "So I trained to become a director because at least then a person would remember me. Maybe I wouldn't become successful but maybe one single person would remember a movie I made and say that it was a good movie. Now I'm successful, have a lot of money and my mom is happy"

"But are you happy?"

"..." Chris looked down and thought back to the past years as a director, "No I guess I'm not. I always envy the actors I see and my heart feels empty"

Piper looked at him and took his hands, "Then do it. Make your dreams come true. What use is there being successful if you're unhappy? Act. I'll support you all the way"

Chris looked at Piper's face and smiled. He knows that she's not as harsh as she seems. Her heart is actually filled with love but it's just hiding far away, "Thank you. Let's go home now shall we?"

"Yes" Piper smiled and walked out of the restaurant with Chris after he had payed for the food.

###

A month after director Chris announced his comeback, shocking news came out. Chris Jackson had said that he would make his debut as an actor in his own upcoming movie playing the male lead. This stirred up the whole entertainment industry

"Ugh. He's so desperate for fame" A girl said while looking at the big billboard announcing the news

"Yeah, I know. Think of all the people working so hard to just get a minor role and here he uses his power to snatch the main role. He's a director not an actor. Like go back to where you belong, attention seeking scum" The friend of the girl said. Just as they were to walk away, they both felt their backs getting soaked