3.14 The Bitch and Her Shameless Prince

Mo Fan threw the dagger on the floor and picked up Qi Yi's cold, lifeless body. He walked out of the lair and then he walked to the opposite direction of the cave. After walking for 30 minutes he found a lake and a waterfall.

The lake was so beautiful. Especially now that it was night. The stars reflected on the surface of the lake causing it to look like there were countless of shining jewels in the bottom of the lake. What was even more beautiful was countless fireflies flying around. The light emitting from the fireflies lit up the area in a very mystic and beautiful way. The purple colored flowers on the ground also seemed to shine from the fireflies' light. It was such a beautiful place.

Mo Fan walked up to the waterfall with an expressionless face. He walked right into it and what was behind the waterfall was a cave. The cave was also very beautiful. There was an emerald pool in the corner shining brightly. The light from the pool lit up the whole cave. In the middle of the cave, there were five white jade coffins. 

Mo Fan walked up to the jade coffin in the middle and opened it with one hand. He slowly laid Qi Yi in the coffin. When he had put Qi Yi down he fixed his clothes and posture so that he looked a little neater. Mo Fan looked at Qi Yi once and then he took a bottle of pills from his robe. He fed Qi Yi a pill and the big wound from Qi Yi's neck disappeared along with the blood.

Mo Fan closed the coffin and stared at it for ten minutes before walking away from the mystic place.

###

"Where were you?" Piper asked Mo Fan who just came into the cave. Those pills he gave her seemed to have a healing effect because she could now somewhat move and speak.

"I took revenge for my little wife of course" Mo Fan smiled.

"What are you doing? If you don't want to smile then don't. I don't like seeing forced smiles" Piper said to Mo Fan as she looked at his face. The smile he had looked so painfully forced that Piper didn't want to see it. It almost made her cry for some reason.

"En" Mo Fan answered as his smile went away. He sat down beside Piper and stared at the wall with empty eyes

Why is he so sad now? 

"Boh!" Piper tried to scare him so that he would cheer up but he still just stared at the wall. Piper shook her head slightly and then she went back to eating her dinner from a week ago. She was really hungry because the only thing she ate was hard bread during her stay over at the kiddo's place.

Piper ate happily but suddenly she felt something weighing on her shoulder. She looked over and saw Mo Fan resting his head on her shoulder with closed eyes.

He must be sleepy, right? I heard from Hou that he hadn't slept for days. I'll lend you my shoulder for now since you spent so much effort in finding me

Piper smiled and then she went back to eating.

"Miss, sleep now. We will leave tomorrow morning" Qiqi told Piper as she looked at the loving couple with a smile. Qiqi giggled and then she leaned against the wall to get some sleep. She had also never slept because of her search for her Miss so she was tired

"En" Piper ate up the food and then she just looked at the fire. She was sleepy but many things were on her mind right now

I wonder what happened to Mo Fan? Why is he so sad? Why...

The more she thought the sleepier she got. In the end, she fell asleep with her head on Mo Fan's. It was quite funny since usually, it's the girl leaning on the guy's shoulder but now it's reversed.

###

"Home sweet home!" Piper shouted as she hopped off the carriage. She stretched a little before running inside