Chapter 8) Evans Right. You Are Mean

Chapter 8

Evans Right. You Are Mean

Rachels P.O.V

'I knew you were trouble when you walked in

So shame on me now

I flew me to places I'd never been

Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble.'

My ring tone rings.

"Emergency, emergency. You have to come over right now," Nicole screams over the phone.

"What emergency?" I ask her.

"Taylor Davis is working at my dad's sport gear shop. And not just Taylor, Evan Wilds asked my dad for a job there too. And dad said yes."

Taylor Davis and Evan Wilds working at the same shop? There's gonna be hell upon heaven.

The question is, is the hell going to come from the amount of girls that want to see them or the amount of bad customers they'll bring in.

"Damn, your dad is in for a surprise," I comment.

"It's their first day and they've already brought in more customers than my dad has all week."

That's really saying something. Nicoles dad's shop is like a never ending business. He gets so much profit from his amazing equipment.

But Evan, he works fast.

It was only yesterday when Evan got his punishment. Today he's already working off his debt.

My debt.

"How do people know they work there?" I question.

"There's this little website on the Web, that lets you talk to people. I think they call it.... 'Facebook'."

"I'll be there in ten minutes Nicole,"I tell her, then head downstairs.

I let my mum know that I'm going to Nicole's house and walk out the door to my car.

I enter my car and start the engine.

Vrroommmm, vrrooommmm.

I love the sound a car makes. But it's not the sound my car is making.

Of all times my car has to break down now. Yes, it's an extremely old car, but it's my one and only car.

I am not walking to Nicole's house. She lives far.

But who's that lurking in the depths of the shadows.

Wow, I feel like Shakespeare.

OMG!

Is that who I think it is? Is that Damon Johnson?

It is.

He's looking at me, he's looking at me.

"Hey Rach," he calls to me. Making me blush inside.

I hate the nickname 'Rach' but when Damon says it, my whole world just melts in how sexy he says it.

"Hey Damon," I casually respond, trying to hide the butterflies in my stomach.

"Do you know where Evan and Taylor are?"

Act cool, act cool.

"They got jobs," I answer holding in all my excitement.

I'm having a conversation with sexy musketeer number 2; Damon Johnson.