Chapter 9) Sports Shop Stop

Chapter 9

Sports Shop Stop

Rachels P.O.V

I am so pissed off right now.

Who the heck is Beth? And why wouldn't Damon tell me who she is?

I'll just ask Evan, he'll tell me.

But I can't tell Evan because he'll know Damon told me. And I promised Damon I wouldn't tell Evan.

"Rachel!" Nicole yells my name grabbing my attention. "Are you even listening to me?"

"Honestly, no. I can't stop thinking about Beth. She just frustrates me so much," I answer.

"Okay, who is she?" Nicole asks.

"That's the problem. Damon told me, that Evan always says I'm just like her. But I don't know who she is."

"It could be his ex," she suggests.

"You're not making me feel any better."

She pauses for a moment, then has this strange expression on her face.

"Is someone.... jealous?" she figures out.

"A little."

Nicole hits me with her pillow.

"Rachel, he has a girlfriend. Ashley, remember the girl you battered on Friday. You can't like a taken man."

"But he's.... he's sweet. He took the fall for what I did. Excepted the blame knowing the punishment. How many guys can you name that did that for you? Plus, he's a total sex babe."

"Why don't we go to Sports Shop Stop? See Evan and Taylor?" Nicole suggests.

"Sure, but first," I start then quickly grab her pillow and hit her in the head. "Payback."

That leads into a huge pillow fight.

Childish much?

*****

"Should I get the pink helmet or the the purple helmet," I ask Nicole when we're at the shop.

"The purple one. It brings out your brown eyes," Evan comments from behind me.

Now, I'm blushing. No I'm glowing.

"Pink one it is," I say walking away from Evan.

Yeah, I'm totally psyched that he noticed my eyes, but I can't let him think I like him.

Mainly cause I don't.

He's just hot, a total sex babe, with a six pack and beautiful blue eyes and the perfect matching brown hair.

That's it.

Who you kidding girl? We all know that you loving Evan, thinking about him non stop.

Soooo not true.

"Is someone playing hard to get?" Evan asks when he catches up to me.

"Is someone full of himself?" I retaliate.

"I know you are but what am I?"

"Seriously? That is so old. Your so childish."

"I know you are but what am I?" he repeats.

"An ass."

"I know you are but what am I?"

Lets try some reverse psychology.