Chapter 10) Nick Matson: Insecure (Part 1)

Chapter 10

Nick Matson: Insecure (Part 1)

Rachels P.O.V

"Unbelievable. You guys are going to try out for the cheerleading squad," Lauren comments when me and Nicole tell her at her house.

"Okay, Nicole, I understand why you would want to be a cheerleader. But you Rach, you I don't understand," Kendall adds.

"I just thought it would be cool if we all joined the team. I mean, it's the last year of high school and it would be nice to open our year books and see us on the cheerleading squad," I answer.

"I'm sorry, you said 'we all' as in all four us," Lauren corrects my grammar.

"Yeah, about that, you guys are joining the team too. We bought outfits for you guys too," Nicole informs them.

Oh-oh, Kendall is about to explode. You can see her eye twitching like mad. This is like the part of the movie when you realize that the bad guy is about to kill you.

In Kendalls case, it means that she's going to pounce on us at any moment.

"Are you crazy?! I'm not trying out for the team. Those girls are a bunch of bitches!" Kendall yells at the top of her lungs.

"Just to let you know, it was Evan and Damon's idea," I honestly tell her.

It is Damon and Evan's idea. They were the ones who told us to get them.

Plus, Taylor gave Nicole and I a great discount.

"But hey, it's not like we're actually going to make the team. All me and Kendall have to do is flop and we're out," Lauren finds a solution.

"No one is flopping. We are all going to try out and make the cut. So stop moaning. We have bigger problems than this. Like the fact Rachel is falling deeply in love with Evan," Nicole tells them.

"Wow, wow, wow. I do NOT like Evan," I defend myself.

Liking Evan, is like dating the wind.

It's always in arms reach, but you can never hold on to it.

It's always around you, but yet so far away. As much as you love it, it'll never be yours.

"Why don't we pay a little visit to Evan, Taylor and Damon," Kendall suggests.

"Yeah, to mess with their heads," I add.

"Yeah, the same way Evan messed with Rach's heart," Lauren comments. "Not cool, Laurie, not cool," I retaliate.

*****

Messing with Evan, Taylor and Damon wasn't as fun as I thought it would be.

I thought it would make my feel better. But it made me feel worse and insecure.

I don't want to try out for the team anymore.

Okay maybe I should wind up and tell you what happened first.

"We are going to make Evan pay big time. He's the one who started it," Lauren whispered, as we hid under the windowsill.

Evan, Taylor and Damon were all just watching Evan's laptop.

"I think they're watching a match or something," Nicole wonders. "They are really interested in it."

We all looked at her.

"Oh sweetie, they're soooo not watching a match. They are watching something far more.... fiscal," Kendall corrected her.