Chapter Twenty-Nine

ADACHI

I was holding Richard's hand while my other arm is carrying my little boy. We're waiting to their mom outside the house, we decided to take the kids out of a shopping. Richard wants to have a set of fiction books, and my little boy needs a supply of diapers and substitute milk this week. He is also celebrating his 8th month. And of course, Mae have to come with us for the groceries for consumptions. She works a lot on their online business so Payton will surprise her later by buying a latest phone today.

My whole entire time being with them was kind of experience that you usually cherish. After Nigel got sick I usually stay in their house, we were sleeping on the same bed, we made love several times before we fell asleep. And sometimes she is the one who starting the romance. I was quite amazed by her now, the innocent and lovely girl turns my partner in bed. She told as she remembered that she wasn't fertile the time we've had sex. After the third time she started to take a pill but I don't know now if she is still taking that freak meds.

If I got her pregnant everything eventually would turn difficult. If ever she got pregnant I can't easily let her go. I love her more than so. But it's hard for me to take this lies on go 'til the end. I want to say the truth, but I don't know when is the perfect time. As much as possible I'm doing my best to make her happy before I'll say the truth, before she left me and loathe me.

Richard unclasped his hand in my hand and ran towards his mommy. "Mommy, halika na, naiinip na si baby Nigel." Richard said pulling her mom's hem.

Payton smiled widely while she's locking the small gate, "Wait lang po, kuya."

She put the padlock on the hole and lock it finally, she faced Richard and hold his little hand. "Let's go,"

Mae opened the backseats' door of the taxi and they shove themselves inside it. I sat on the passenger's seat while carrying my child. He's playing with me. He has the eyes of my brother, well, partly mine. He is exactly look us. Our mini us. How could I let this kid further on me? I stood as his father, but the truth is I'm just his uncle Ismael. I'm just his real father's twin.

Love is not enough to say how much I love them. They give me another meaning of the word life. They filled the incompleteness I've been feeling before. I wonder how they will react by the truth? Luckily, Nigel is still a baby he will don't understand how crucial my situation yet.

I kissed his cheeks. They made me a real man, but I'm still the coward man I knew I am. "Daddy, pwede mo ba akong basahan ng mga librong bibilhin natin?" Richard asked behind my seat.

"Oo naman, babasahan ka ni daddy ng libro habang hindi ka pa marunong mag-basa, hindi ba, daddy?" My love asked.

"Opo, tama si mommy." I said smiling at them.

I remembered when we were little like Richard, dad always bought us a book and we twins competing who among of us is the best reader of English novels. They've noticed our discrepancies by that, Isaiah was a good reader and he also has a good enunciation. Meanwhile, me myself is just the good listener.

"Kapag po natuto akong mag-basa ako naman ang mag tuturo kay baby Nigel at babasahan ko sya bago matulog." Richard happily said while he is facing Payton.

A proud smile flashed on Payton's face as she heard it from him, and I can't help myself but to be feel proud to him as well. Whoever his real mother she will regret why she left Richard in the orphanage. "Aasahan 'yan ni baby Nigel." I said.

"Opo," he murmured.

After a long minute of waiting for the arrival we're finally in the mall. I'm still carrying Nigel while my other arm is in Payton's shoulder and her arm is in my waist back. Richard are so amazed by the huge cute stuffs hanging on the ceiling. Payton is just assessing him on where direction we're going to go while he is looking up. He is not like a kid who grew in a ghetto place and has a poor status, he mostly like a rich kid based on his pointed nose and skin tone. When time goes by, I found someone who looked exactly like him. Someone I knew.