Chapter Thirty-Four

ISMAEL

It was one of my favorite day, when Nazareth gave us a time for our son Nigel. We've invited the couple to go in my condo unit after they had a rehearsal inside the church. I was using my imagination about marrying Payton in this church while I was staring at the altar. It was the happiest thing to think yet it was the hardest thing to apply in reality.

And right at this moment, me and Jacob — Nazareth's fiancé and also my friend before, are cooking lunch inside the kitchen while the girls — our beloved half are playing with baby Nigel in the living room.

"Nigel is not your son?" Jacob reiterated as I told him the truth about our little fake family.

I nodded while I'm stirring the sautéed onion, garlic, tomato, and pork on the pan. "He is Isaiah's son, and I'm just here to take them in Brazil to meet Isaiah. But too sudden to say, I fell in loved with Payton."

"That's too ironic, bro!" He laughed while putting down the utensils on the table. 

"I know, and I'm having a hard time letting her go. I tried my best to got her pregnant but I failed." I said quite disappointed.

He patted my shoulder, "You have to caress your scrotum and wish to secrete more sperm." He laughed again more loudly than earlier.

And me as well laughed about what he'd said. "Fuck you, bro! But I will try it later with her."

"But seriously, kailangan naming isama si Nigel so we have to take the little one from her dad." I told him earnestly.

I saw him shook his head, "We can't promise if we could persuade tito Benedict to your plan. In fact, we just lied that we will bring Nigel in the mall for fun."

I tried to strike a smile, "Don't worry we will also make a move to persuade tito Benedict. This wouldn't be possible without you and Naz, and we are grateful for that, bro."

"Maliit na bagay," He said.

The girls entered the kitchen as we told them that our food are already prepared. Nazareth sat beside the seat of Jacob while I grabbed Payton's waist to make her sit on my lap because there is no available seats anymore, it were all occupied. She faced me and kissed the side of my lips.

"Baka mangawit ka, Mahal."

I shook my head and kissed her back in return, "No, it's okay."

She just shrugged and then starts to eat the food I have served for them. Naz and Jacob has a small world like the three of us on the other side of the table. My little boy are enjoying the small piece of peeled banana on his little hands. I missed being with him. This little boy has proven that there's no boundaries between our hearts even I ain't his real father. I'm blessed... Really blessed.

"When you will go back in Brazil?" I looked at Nazareth who asked the question, I know it was for me.

"Right after we processed her passport." I answered.

Payton's hand went to my right hand and she suddenly massaged it gently, "Naz, gusto kong isama si Nigel. Gusto kong makilala nya si Isaiah, sana matulungan nyo pa rin kami." My love said and she bit her bottom lip to control her flowing emotion.

There is a trace of doubt in Naz's face, maybe she can't assure if they could help us or not. "We will try."

"Salamat, Naz." Payton thanked her.

--

This is the time Payton hated the most. The time we have to say goodbye for awhile to Nigel. She kissed him several times before she gave the little one to Nazareth. But Nigel cried before they have even entered the car, I immediately held Payton's hand para pigilan syang kunin ulit si Nigel.