Chapter Forty-Nine

Soundtrack: It Will Rain, by Bruno Mars

My eyes were surrendering by the multiple tears that were going down in every second. I tried to be strong as the doctor announced that they are going to take my children out of their mother's womb in early six months. My hands formed into fists as I can't take this ache—this pain any longer. I punched the wall while I'm crying for my own family. I felt bleeding even though there's no one who try to risked my life.

Please, reward their lives for me. I wished in my mind. I wiped my tears from the side of my face and I turned my back to lean against the wall. I saw in my peripheral vision that Payton's father and stepmother were still in here. What a damn foreplay came from them. I loathe them, especially that Benedict for letting his own pregnant daughter to beg for the umpteenth times before. I won't let him get near in my family again even he wished so.

I took my phone from my deep pocket of my ripped jeans, I'm about to call Jerome's phone but tita Michelle suddenly speak beside me. "Ismael, hijo?" she called me.

I do respect people but not now—not to them—not now that they are getting into my fucking nerves. I felt her hand in my shoulder, but I just threw a sharp glare at her. "You may both go. We don't need your help." I uttered to her ears.

That was intently for them. Payton much needed the doctors help rather than to their morality support that even them don't afford. They are much cheaper to zero dollars, in fact, that currency don't compliment and the value was really their worth.

"I feel sorry, hijo." She said. "I know you are mad at us, but she needed her family; she needed us. So don't utter yourself with anger." Then she added.

I smirked while trying to take her hand off to my clothe, "Don't me, I'm not gullible. And don't ever include yourselves to what you called family because you'd both threw and neglected her not just as your daughter but also as a person." I said, earnestly.

I saw her swallowed, then I looked at tito Benedict who's trying to hide at the back of her wife. I rolled my eyes at them and I finally got my first step backward—step away from them. I don't want to waste my time talking to them. I'd rather talk on the wall while punching it.

I heaved a deep and exhausting sigh as I turned my back and continue my feet from walking away from them. When I assured that I had my long distance I took a sit in front of the room where Payton and probably my children were now.

I can't help myself to think for the what ifs questions that was circulating in my mind. And before I even utter myself with negative thought I decided to contact Jerome to please get my babies' stuff in Payton's apartment. I poured my mouth with caffeine as the call ended. I know my love would able to cope up, she promised me though it was obliquely stated. She will do anything for our kids and for me. And I will always be here for her—waiting and fighting. 

--

I found myself sleeping at the horizontal stainless bench in the hallway. Someone is trying to wake me up so I dragged my eyelids to face that person. I adjusted my sight to the brightness of lights. My eyes narrowed, trying to figured out who he was. In my first blink I saw Isaiah's face, so I suddenly get up as the image scared the shit out of me. I remained my eyes closed as I felt goosebumps all over my body. 

"Ismael," a familiar voice called me. Now I'm freaking scared literally.

It took me a seconds to figured out who was the real one in front of me. I shook my head and opened my eyes for Jerome. This man really scared me. I hate him.

I saw him as confused as I am. "What happened to you? Why are you sleeping here?" he asked me not knowing what I saw just earlier this moment.

"I—I suddenly fell asleep." I answered. "Na saan si Joan?" I asked him back.