Chapter Forty-Eight

Soundtrack: Beautiful in White, by Westlife

ISMAEL

This supposed to be the night that I'm going to offer her a marriage life, but unfortunately I'd heard all what she said to tito Benedict and that really collapse my entire built life. She admitted that she has stage 2 Leukemia—a disease that might kill herself and my two child on her bump.

Was it the reason why she left the house last night without telling us?  How could she hide the truth while she is literally dying by the disease? The following moment my mind won't stop thinking about the things that might happen to her when I saw her slowly going down in terrace's floor.

I tried to extend my legs to get near in her position, and as much as possible I did anything just to catch her with my arms. I was little lucky when I caught her while my eyes are wetting from tears.

I looked at her pale face and eventually shifted to his father who did nothing but to watch her daughter in my arms. You could see the shock in his face but I can't help myself to loathe him even more not just as a father but also as an individual.

I wiped my tears, "I respected you, tito, but this is the worst thing I have to consider to hate you. You let your sick daughter to kneeled in front of you, for what? For your little forgiveness. Sobra na kayo, tito, kung hindi nyo man kami kayang tanggapin ng mga apo nyo, huwag nyo na lang sanang pahirapan ang ina nila. I'm begging you for the last time."

That was a straight forward statement I have said to him. He is getting cruel and getting so cruel. Sobra na ito para sa Mahal ko. She did everything for me and for my children and this is my perfect time to help her recover in this disease.

I didn't hear anything from tito Benedict, and the following moment I lifted Payton inside the house. I immediately called Jerome's name for help but all of them also shocked by what they saw. Payton's sisters can't paint their faces. They asked me several times but I had no time to explain.

I let Jerome and Joan come together with us while I asked Naz to take care of Nigel while we are gone in the hospital. I took the backseats and I hugged my love really tight while I'm crying in her neck, I'm whispering some encouragement words to wake up and to don't give up too fast.

Wala akong naririnig kung hindi ang aking mga hikbi, while Jerome was maneuvering the car and Joan is asking about something I cannot hear.

I thought it would be the night that I would receive a sweetest 'yes' from her but seemed the destiny have another wave of misfortune to my family. I'm actually tired with destiny's play, yet I know I shouldn't give up especially in this case. I should be the one to have courage and send courage and strength to my love who is fighting for Leukemia.

I can't live without her.... I'd rather die and I don't want to live forever if ever I loss them for the second time.

--

Nurses done immediate action to Payton. I told them to placed her in a private room then so they did. I talked to her doctor, which is doctor Tan while Jerome and Joan were monitoring my love. I can't help to cry while doctor Tan was explaining her condition. He also told me that Payton intently hid this with us, and she was really scared. Hinihiling ko na sana nalaman ko nang mas maaga para naagapan namin ang sakit nya.

I'd go back to her room with a zombie like face and has a little energy left in my body. I can't believe that all of these are happening. I tried not to believe what the doctor says about her, but it was indeed proven by the apparatus that were connected to her body now. I wish I could replace her. Sana ako na lang ang may sakit at hindi sya dahil dinadala nya ang mga anak namin ngayon.