Chapter Thirty-One

ISMAEL

Tito Benedict forced us to go outside, he's angry with two of us after he caught us inside the same room and nakedly touching each other's body. I know how he felt about that, Payton is her daughter and every father treated their daughter as their princess. I remembered how he reacted as Jasmine introduces me to him and to her whole family. I met them before, and I know they knew me as well.

I should complaint about their cruelty for Payton, she can't take that sick condition without baby Nigel. Involving her son could make her life full of rue. Evicting her to their home is truly enough, and taking Nigel from her is too much.

It's hard for me to see that she is kneeling in front of Tito Benedict just to beg while crying for her son. Begging is not the key to soften their hearts so I'd have no choice but to help my love to stand. It is killing me. Both Nigel and Payton are crying, seemed synchronizing the act of begging.

Finally, I had forced her to stand but still her hands are holding her father's hand. "Pa, hindi ko naman po pinapabayaan si Nigel. Huwag nyo na po syang kunin sa akin. I'm begging you, please!" Once again she begged.

I pulled her hands from her father and held her hands as tight as I could. She suddenly stare at me with her teary dull eyes. "Mahal, kukunin nila si Nigel, bakit wala kang ginagawa?!"

--

We've just watched the car to run on its speed until it's no longer in our sights. We're outside the house and Payton is still crying because of what happened. I tried to hold her hand but she refuses. "Bakit hindi mo man lang sila pinigilan?"

I shook my head, "I can't, I'm sorry."

She rolled her eyes at me before she turned around and walk away from our spot, "Mahal, saan ka pupunta?" I asked her while following behind her.

"Makikituloy muna ako sa ampunan, tutulungan ako ni Sister Charm doon." She answered.

I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to my body, "No, I won't let you stay there. You will come with me, I insist. Ako ang bahala sayo." I said with a bit of assurance. Then I kissed her on the tip of her nose.

She pouted, attempting to cry again. "Mahal, si Nigel kunin natin sya."

I nodded, and give her a peck of kiss. "Opo, kukunin natin sya."

--

It's been an hour since we left their house. She's now laying in bed while me is here inside the bathroom, just got finished drying myself from wet of shower. I wrapped the white towel around my torso before exiting the bathroom. I caught my love sleeping in my bed. Her eyes were closed and it's kind of reminiscing how angelic she was when the first time we saw her and even until now. She's still as angelic as goddess. Her skin were so flawless like a porcelain doll, and at the same time she was very delicate. Her face were so peaceful, it was far from her face earlier - a problematic rued face.

I slowly slid myself beside her. I pulled her fragile body closer to mine, and she responded by snoozling her head on my neck. "I love you, Mahal." I heard her whisper.

I suddenly smiled because I thought she was already sleeping. She even said she love me though doing to pretend sleeping. "Mas mahal kita," I told in return.

She lifted her right hand and rested it upon my chest, she started to move her thumb on my skin and it sends an electrifying touch of affection. "Mahal, nahihiya ako. Nahihiya ako sa lahat ng sinabi nila sa akin kanina. Siguro mababang babae na lang ang tingin nila sa akin ngayon." Her voice cracked.

Now, I wonder how they will have a harmonious relationship again. They may be floored and angry because of what they've seen but I wish this wouldn't be the reason why she would have a miserable life again like before.