Chapter Nine

"Thank you so much, I know this is such short notice

"Thank you so much, I know this is such short notice."

"Don't worry about it Ms. C, I wasn't doing anything tonight anyway." Gianna shrugged. Gianna was the 15-year-old girl that lived down the hall from me, she used to always watch Maya for me when I would work nights instead of days.

"Where you going anyways? You look more dressy than usual." She questioned. "Is it a date?"

"Don't worry about it, Gina. Stay outta grown folks business." I laughed.

"My bad, I was just curious. You know I don't see you out that much... especially with men." She rambled.

I gave her a look.

"I don't know when I'll be back, is your dad alright with you staying a little late?" I said changing the subject.

She nodded. "He's out playing poker tonight with some friends, he'll be cool about it."

"Okay, and please remember Maya needs to be in bed by 7:30 sharp, latest 7:45."

"Don't worry about anything, Maya is in good hands."

I took a deep breath. "Alright, I'll try to be back early."

"Okay, bye Ms. C!" She waved.

While walking downstairs my mind couldn't help but wander back to this whole 'sugar baby' thing. It was so degrading, and my potential 'sugar daddy' only made things worse with his constant attitude and belittling. I don't know how much longer I can stand Christian before I snap.

It's for the money Alex, think about the money.

When I got down to the lobby, annoyance instantly bubbled within me as my eyes landed on Damon who has the audacity to wave like he was supposed to be here right now.

"Hey, I was just on my way up there." He said tucking his hands in his short pockets.

"You didn't think to call me before you wanted to pop up?"

He'd always have a tendency to just show up out of nowhere, even when we were together he'd always do something like this.

"Damn Alex." He laughed. "I can't just step in and say hey? I got some free time so I wanted to chill out with you and baby girl for a bit." He shrugged.

"You should've called, I don't have time to entertain you tonight."

"Uh huh..." his eyes scanned my outfit briefly. "Where you going all dolled up and shit?"

"That is none of your concern. What you need to be focused on is walking on out of here—"

"You going on a date?" He cut me off.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Who is it with? We know him?"

"Damon—"