Chapter Twenty Two

Continuation of the same Friday night

Christian was whipped. There was no denying it at this point. Anything Alex wanted from him, she got it and she didn't even have to work for it. He was basically putty in her hands.

"I don't if I wanna brownies or sugar cookies." Alex said coming back down the aisle to where Christian was.

"We can get both if you want." He replied whilst yawning. It was currently around 2am. Alex was restless and was craving sugar. A small conversation later they were both in the local Walmart pajamas, bonnet, and all.

"You're tired. We should just go home, I shouldn't have dragged you out here."

"Were already here so just pick out your stuff. No point in wasting the gas and then you don't even get anything."

They had left with just the brownie mix but Alex managed to weasel her way into getting a few bags of chips and some candy. When they had got back to their hotel room Christian wasted no time all running into the bedroom and falling face first into the bed.

Alex being the insomniac that she is stayed up all night spending her time either baking, eating unhealthily, or watching reruns of 90s shows that were on Nick at night.

Christian Brown 

"What time are you coming back today?" Alex asked pouring soap until the washcloth.

"I should be back by 3, why?"

She started scrubbing my chest. "I just wanted to go out and see somethings, that's all. I haven't been here in a while so.."

"You've visited before?"

"I use to live here. I never told you?"

"No.. you didn't."

That got me thinking about what my mom said a few weeks ago, about how I really know nothing about her. I basically fell in love with a stranger.

"How long did you live here?"

"My whole life up until college years. Then my boyfriend at the time and I moved to San Jose. Think about it now it was such a stupid decision." She mumbled.

"Where'd you go? College wise."

"SJSU." She answered

"Really?"

"Mhm, why?"

"I went there, what year did you graduate?"

"I didn't get to finish. Can you bend down for me a little? I can't reach your shoulders."

I crouched down as per her request. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you finish?"

"It's just... family stuff I guess you could say. Things didn't really pan out and I couldn't focus all the time in studying anymore."

"You wanna go back?"

"Planning on it. I only had a few classes left so I was just gonna do it online."