Chapter Fifty Two

"Well if he's that cute momma why don't you just ask him out?" Alex huffed

"Well if he's that cute momma why don't you just ask him out?" Alex huffed. Maya was sick so she was staying home today instead of going to work. Working at Christian's company had been stressful to say the least. She didn't realize just how many number she'd bee keeping up with. Joyce made it sound like it would be a walk in the park.

She become almost completely wrapped up with school, work, and Maya and now Latoya was dumping her dating conundrums on her as well.

"Are you crazy? Then he's going to know I like him!"

Alex rolled her eyes. She was trying to focus on crunching numbers and Latoya was making it extra difficult.

"No disrespect, but you sound idiotic mom."

"I know I do! I don't know what's happening to me. I don't like this feeling Alex, I don't like it not one bit!"

"It's just a crush, relax. You'll work through it."

"How did you get with Christian? Give me some tips, I've been out of the game for a while. I don't know what these young boys want."

"Speaking of young, how old is this guy anyway? In fact what's his name?"

"His name is Micheal and he's the most amazing man I've ever met. He's so handsome and so smart and—"

"Okay but how old is he? Does he have kids? Does he know that you have a kid? Wait— does he know that you're someone's grandma?"

"Ugh, don't remind me please. I get a headache thinking about the fact that he might be way younger than me."

"I mean you're not that old. Only 42."

"But what I look like telling him I'm 42 with a 26 year old child?"

"Tell him the truth, you had your kid at 16. Trust me, lying is not the best option."

"Didn't you lie to Christian about Maya? Look at y'all now, in a perfectly healthy relationship."

"Mama... no. Just talk to him, or better yet do what you did to get dad."

"Your daddy was a different situation, we were 15 and it was the early 90's. A lot of things have changed since then."

"Speaking of daddy, do you think he still owns those gas stations?"

"Probably. Why?"

"I wanted to reach out. See how he's doing all these years."