Chapter Twenty Six

Did you know children under 6 can have PTSD? I just thought I'd share that before you read this.
——

Alex sighed as she stepped off the jet. "Thank God, we're off that god forsaken plane."

Christian chuckled as he rolled their bags to the car that was waiting for them. "You didn't like the flight back?"

"Hell no!"

For the entire flight the same flight attended who was (completely) obsessed with Christian kept bothering them and saying little slick remarks to Alex occasionally.

"I'll get someone different next time if she upset you that much."

The thought of a 'next time' made Alex happy, she genuinely enjoyed spending one with Christian and over the trip her feelings had grown.

"Who said there's going to be a next time?" She teased as he opened the passenger side door for her and she hopped in.

"There's gonna be a next time. I can feel it in my balls." He replied making her laugh.

After putting their bags in the trunk he came back around and got into the drivers side and started the car.

"You need my address?" She asked a few minutes into their drive.

He shook his head. "No. I memorized it."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I figured I need it sooner or late, might as well keep in in my memory." He stopped at a light.

"Huh. Alright." She leaned her chair back so she could take a quick nap before they got to her apartment. She would still need to pick up maya immediately after he dropped her off.

She was almost asleep when her phone started going off. Christian glanced down at her phone that was in the cup holder.

"You missed a call from someone named Diamond and..." he squinted. "BD is blowing you up."

Alex groaned and sat up and collected her phone.

Where you at? - BD

Where Maya at? - BD

Fuck is you doing? RESPOND! - BD

Alex kisses her teeth and didn't bother to read the rest of the angry messages he'd sent her. She called Diamond back.

"Hello?"

"Alex where the fuck are you!?" Diamond screeched.

She turned down her phone volume.

"Why are you yelling?" She said groggily. "Im driving home right now, why, what's up?"

"You need to come get your kid. Like right now."

Alex shot up. "Why? What's wrong? Is she okay?!Did you forget to give her her medicine?!"

Christian glanced over at Alex.

"Calm down, she's fine. Something came up and she can't stay here anymore."

Alex furrowed her brows when she heard loud music playing in the background. "Are you having a party while Maya is there?"

"It just happened!"

"How the fuck does a party JUST HAPPEN?!"

"Why are you yelling? It's not that serious. Maya is in a separate room, she's chill."

Alex was fuming. She knew she shouldn't have left Maya with Diamond, she's not ideal for childcare. "I'll be there in 10 minutes and if anything happens to her Diamond I swear to God I'll slit your throat."